Delivery Lead – Analysis
Cardiff, Glasgow or York
£49,700 - £56,524
Government Shared Services (GSS) is a unit within GBS in the Cabinet Office. We support the Cabinet Office’s aims to ensure the delivery of the finest public services, and improve the efficiency of government.
We are the centre of expertise working across departments to make it easier for civil servants to use platforms for HR, finance and payroll. We recently launched the new Shared Services Strategy for Government, which will deliver services that are better value, and cut through processes which cost time and money. Our overarching objectives are:
1) Meeting end-user needs, promoting excellence and convenience for both staff and managers.
2) Delivering value and efficiency, including by separating technology from Service Centres, and including all transactional services.
3) Convergence around processes and data, including the consolidation and modernisation of technology platforms, while maintaining choice for departments.
Through this Strategy, our ambition is to free up civil servants to focus on what they do best: engaging with, and delivering for citizens.
The Shared Services Strategy specifies 5 Shared Service Centre Clusters. The Delivery Lead will be deployed into the Cluster Programmes to support the development of the target operating model, analysis of current state operations, requirements definition and supporting the specification of SaaS ERP and Business Process Outsourcing services which the programmes will need to procure. The Delivery Lead will then go on to support the implementation of the SaaS ERP technology and the transition to the new operating model and BPO service.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Government Shared Services in a leadership role, at a pivotal moment in time. You will be working with a highly motivated and passionate group of people, helping to deliver the Shared Services Strategy for Government.
Using your strong leadership, technical experience and communication skills, you will act as an ambassador for GSS, by being embedded into a major transformational shared services programmes to deliver analysis and design services to the Delivery Cluster. The Delivery Cluster is a complex group of central Government Departments with a current outsourced Shared Service processing transactions for 230,00 Civil Servants.
The Cluster includes the Ministry of Justice, Department for Work and Pensions, Home Office and Department for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs. The current and future outsourcing requirements for the Cluster will require strong experience in outsourcing of services.
The post holder will have cross Government exposure to Senior Leaders and will need to influence, guide and support the shared service programme. Reporting to the Cluster programme management structures and ensuring that the GBS Deputy Directors and Directors responsible for delivery are sighted and informed on progress and risk.
You will need to establish effective and credible working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including Senior Officials, Programme Leads and external suppliers. You will be required to advise, challenge and influence as required to ensure the best outcome for the organisation.
- You will work in a support and guidance capacity for the Delivery Cluster clusters and their programme teams to develop the service design and integration part of the target operating model for the cluster, and then support its implementation.
- You will analyse the current state operations for the Departments and ALBs of the Cluster, define requirements, and support the specification of SaaS ERP technology and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Services.
- You will support the implementation of the SaaS ERP technology and BPO services working with key stakeholders to ensure their needs are met.
- You will seek to ensure that the programme delivery meets the requirements of the Shared Service Strategy, promoting strategy implementation against key objectives.
- Demonstrating personal accountability by analysing information from multiple sources to support decision making and/or making recommendations for senior decision-makers when necessary.
- Proactively building and maintaining strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Play an active leadership role across the wider GBS team and within GSS when representing stakeholder needs.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 24th October 2021.