A Project Manager job requiring an electrical bias based in Northampton paying up to £55,000 per annum DOE
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working alongside this large market leading organisation providing infrastructure installations throughout the UK. The company have seen fantastic year on year growth and operate out of three UK offices, and are seeking the right people to join the company as they continue to grow for the future as they recruit for a Project Manager with an electrical background to join their Northampton office.
Your new role
The purpose of your new role will be to optimise performance through effective project management from allocation to completion. It will be your responsibility to manage multiple projects ranging from £50k to £10m in size from 'cradle to grave', ensuring that all work is carried out in line with standards, policy and procedures. The project manager will lead across multiple utilities and will have total autonomy over the projects.
- Manage multiple and/or major projects safely, competently, and effectively to time and budget.
- Manage and report on all financial aspects of projects under your control.
- Ensure all sub-contracts / contractors are approved in line with business policies and procedures.
- Ensure completion of all work on time and to the necessary standard.
- Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out at all stages of a project.
- Take overview of projects to be completed and allocate resources accordingly.
- Implement the company approach to quality and complete work in line with quality standards.
- Identify areas of improvement in process and operations.
- Provide cost reconciliation for projects under your control.
This role will be based 1/2 days per week from the office in Northampton, with the other days in the week split between home working and site visits.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will have experience in delivering upon large-scale projects within the construction or electricity/gas/water industries.
- ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification (would also consider qualified by experience).
- Qualification in Project Management, or demonstrable level of achievement through experience.
- Managing multiple large scale projects at any one time.
- Customer-focused approach to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Budgeting and all financial duties associated with managing large-scale projects.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an excellent basic salary of up to £55,000 per annum, company car or car allowance, and other fantastic benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.