M&E Project Manager required by a public body to over see the delivery of mechanical and electrical projects.
Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by our client, a large public body, to recruit an M&E Project Manager (Building Services) on a contract basis for an initial period of 2 years with the possibility of further extension.
Your new role
Working within the existing team, you will assist in the delivery of projects from start to completion which will include:
- Working with design teams to prepare project briefs, detailed specifications, drawings and procurement documents;
- Procuring consultants and contractors;
- Overseeing planning applications;
- Oversee and manage the performance of external consultants and contractors;
- Oversee financial aspects of specified projects;
- Undertake progress meetings, dealing with any issues and keeping up-to-date reports;
- Project manage works to successful completion against agreed time, quality and budgetary parameters.
- Provide Mechanical and Electrical technical advice to other members of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you should possess an HNC/HND level qualification in a Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services engineering related topic with a minimum of 5 years' experience of overseeing all aspects of M&E building services projects as outlined above. You must have a full UK Driving licence with access to a vehicle suitable for the role.
What you'll get in return
This position offers an immediate start and the opportunity to work with a large public body on a long-term contract basis. Salary on offer for this position is £50,000.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.