National Highways have an exciting opportunity for two Project Managers to join the Regional Investment Programme (RIP) within our Major Projects (MP) directorate in the South West of England.
Within this role, you will plan and manage the delivery of projects, by managing the performance of a project team, external contractors and consultants. You will ensure adherence to effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards across the supply chain and National Highways, to ensure successful delivery of agreed project outcomes and acting in line with mandatory and delegated responsibilities.
What you’ll be leading on
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Board and other key internal and external stakeholders, to report on and review project performance, and to agree solutions that resolve complex issues.
- Creating high quality baseline management products, producing timely and accurate reports, and creating and maintaining specified records.
- Design, agree and implement project plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes.
- Oversee feasibility, design, and assessment work for proposed projects, to inform the development of business cases and investment proposals.
- Contribute to the development of robust business cases, to clarify business benefits, quantify resource requirements and identify project interdependencies.
- Identify and evaluate emerging risks, issues, dependencies and constraints associated with the project, escalating where appropriate. Where necessary develop, agree and implement solutions to overcome these.
- Commission and manage the performance of delivery partners and expert consultancy support as appropriate, ensuring that project objectives and requirements are clearly understood, setting clear expectations for health and safety management, time and cost; and taking appropriate remedial action where necessary.
To be successful you’ll need
- Experience of managing teams to successful development of complex, medium/high risk projects or high-profile projects.
- Experience of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
- Experience of managing business and/or value management cases for new projects through company defined governance, review and approval gates.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the development of project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners.
- Commercial skills with proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes and drive value for money.
- Demonstrate experience as mentor and/or coach to develop project management talent, skills and competence within a complex project environment.
A bit about us
RIP is responsible for the development and delivery of junction improvements, bypasses, projects of National significance and major infrastructure projects. We deliver capital improvements that will help to grow the economy and deliver wider social benefits and improve infrastructure. You can find out more about who we are and what we do here:https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/south-west/
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number #436