An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Capital Project Manager.
The post will be in the North West, initially on an interim basis for 12 months, with the possibility of extension, at a Band 7. The client will consider people with the right skill set, irrelevant of whether or not they have NHS experience.
The post holder will be responsible for the building design and management of construction projects, taking lead responsibility as directed.
- Manage all aspects of the Capital Projects implementing a diverse portfolio of redevelopment schemes taking them through from inception to implementation and evaluation both pre and post contract;
- Provide expert specialist professional advice on all aspects of capital planning, business case development, construction and consultancy procurement and technical planning matters to other staff, directors, scheme leads, senior managers and external organisations;
- Ensure the projects remain high profile within the organisation, and links are maintained with key individuals and departments and to work closely with the Project Board members in the processes required to meet the requirements for the resolution of subsequent queries and design;
- Responsible for coordinating the daily expenditure & cash flow for the capital spend for each project;
- Check invoices against approvals, timesheets or delivery notes and processing for payment of same, only when appropriate to do so;
- Produce cash flow forecast and expenditure reports for discussion with the Head of Capital Projects and Finance Teams;
- Coordinate the commissioning process, including production of commissioning programmes regular progress meetings with User Leads, Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Contractors to ensure that the deliverables and products are completed within the agreed time scales;
- Make key decisions daily for each capital scheme advising the Head of Capital Projects as required;
- Manage the tasks & planning on each project and act as principal liaison to a team of project staff in providing instructions to external Contractors, Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Suppliers/Providers;
- Negotiate in terms of detail on project delivery using strong influential skills;
- Responsible for identifying and assembling the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements;
- Lead and educate end users in how to implement commissioning programmes for handover;
- Manage and report the financial impact of missed milestones and project delays and providing an understanding to project leads and Head of Capital Projects to report to Executive Team;
- Responsible for the creation and development of the local capital schemes financial database.
A successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience working at a senior level in a specialist area;
- PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification;
- Membership of recognised professional organisation (or equivalent);
- Experience working in a healthcare environment, as a supervisor or manager;
- Knowledge of the NHS building commissioning process;
- The ability to deliver results through managing through others and using a range of levers in the absence of direct line management responsibility.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org