This role is responsible for managing the Supplier framework contracts (e.g. lifts, escalators, building management and power supply systems) on behalf of the Head of Stations Contract Integration and Senior Project Managers, working effectively and collaboratively with HS2 and Supply Chain resource in the Stations Contract Integration Team to fulfil clearly defined HS2 accountabilities which enable efficient delivery of assigned scope to agreed budget, time and quality parameters.
Stations are where passengers, trains, people, equipment and systems all come together. The role is also responsible for establishing consistent approaches for managing cross contract interfaces between HS2 Stations and Systems, ensuring technical interfaces are translated into impacts on programme and cost and supporting early identification and consistent management of inter-contract risks.
About the role:
- To be responsible for fulfilling the duties and obligations of the NEC3 Project Manager on behalf of the Head of Stations Contract Integration and Senior Project Managers.
- To be responsible for supporting the Head of Stations Contract Integration in effectively and efficiently managing the construction contracts within an Integrated Project Team.
- To be responsible for supporting the Head of Stations Contract Integration in establishing, monitoring and managing delivery of consistent contract management, including identification of emergent or systemic problems, leading to resolution.
- To be responsible for managing and monitoring contract performance.
- To review and accept programme schedule.
- To be responsible for supporting the Head of Stations Contract Integration in proactively managing risks within the Integrated Project Team scope and support the mitigation of HS2 programme level risks.
- To be responsible for the Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM) duties as delegated by the Client Representative.
- To be responsible for supporting a collaborative culture which enables high performance by encouraging innovation and knowledge sharing between HS2 as the client, other Integrated Project Teams and the supply chain within Integrated Project Teams.
- To be responsible for creating an integrated partnership with our supply chain, empowering, enabling and facilitating.
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Project Management - the ability to plan and integrate projects to deliver target costs, dependencies, risk management and project benefits. Skills profile aligned to APM Project Manager (intermediate).
- Problem Solving – the ability to identify problems and review related information to assist in the development and evaluation of options and the implementation of solutions, including the ability to manage and plan workstreams, considering the competing demands of stakeholders, cost, time and quality.
- Decision Making – the ability to manage the gathering and synthesising of necessary information to assist in the identification of options and the application of judgement based on logic and reason.
- Analysis - the ability to analyse inputs, assess data in order to assist in the development of strategies and document supporting rationales.
- Influencing & Negotiating – the ability to influence and negotiate with internal functions and external supply chain partners.
- Building Relationships – ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to resolve emergent risk situations.
- Understanding of the project management knowledge aligned to the level of APM Project Manager (intermediate)
- Understanding of the nature of the relevant contract structures and the application of appropriate contract and supplier performance systems.
- Understanding of risk identification and management
- Understanding of project schedule management, dependencies and risk assessment
- Experience of the entire project lifecycle including planning, procuring, developing and implementing similar project activities.
- Experience of leading, managing people and working across functions and disciplines to deliver objectives
- Qualification in project management, engineering, commercial management or the equivalent experience.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
We operate broad pay scales for all our roles to enable us to fulfil our commitments to inclusivity and career development. Final package is dependent on individual knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, we offer a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application. We will perform our first assessment based on the answers you’ve given to some job specific questions. After that we will assess suitability for the role based on the information in your CV. For this reason we recommend you attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 14 December 2021.