Our client, a market leader within the Utilities industry, is looking to recruit a Construction Project Manager in on a contract basis for 12 months initially.
The Project Manager Construction (PMC) will principally be monitoring the performance of the main contractor and progress of the project. Managing projects during the implementation and handover phases and in the earlier stages of the project lifecycle, you will support the Supply Chain Manager (SCM) and Project Engineering Manager (PEM) being the interface between the contractor delivering a batch of projects and the Company and will be required to manage internal and external stakeholders in the resolution of issues affecting progress.
You will be named Project Manager within the NEC3 Contract, and as such will have the contractual powers under the contract. You will manage indirect reports consisting of Construction Supervisors, Asset Integration Engineers, Project Controllers and Quantity Surveyors (4-10 depending on size and complexity or projects.)The number of concurrent projects will typically range from 1 - 5 depending on size and complexity with individual Project values ranging from between £2M - £30M
Reporting to a Whole Life Programme Manager (WLPM), you will be accountable for a batch of projects from point of award to the Supply Chain to successful handover of the completed works to the operational teams who will manage the assets through their lifecycle. In undertaking these duties, the following specific accountabilities will be covered:
* Act as the NEC3 project manager administering the contract between UU and its Contractor.
* On behalf of the WLPM, developing a contract assurance plan in conjunction with the Project Engineering Manager and the Supply Chain Manager.
* Implementing the Contract Assurance Plan in conjunction with the Contractor.
* Reviewing progress with the Contractor.
* Procedures are in place and being followed.
* Adequate and sufficient resources are being employed by the Contractor and their suppliers
* Managing introduction of changes to the contract and claims by the contractor.
* Reviewing constructions risks with the contractor.
* Arranging handover of the sites from the operations to the contractor.
* Stakeholder management both internal and external
* Statutory approvals are being obtained.
* Construction H&S file is being maintained.
* Provide project schedule advice and expertise in relation to construction activities.
* Produce CIC paperwork for the WLPM if the project overspends.
* Reporting progress and issues to the WLPM.
* Assisting with the review of contract documents prior to their release for tendering.
* Contractors and consultants work to agreed scope and to company standards.
* Services (power, water & telecoms etc) are secured and in place in line with the project schedule.
* Identify and monitor project and construction risk and ensure that all risks are accounted for during the project lifecycle.
* All project progress is reported via the project controller.
* Monitor for potential problems and resolve them before they develop.
Knowledge and Skills
To be considered for this role you will be educated to degree level and ideally professionally qualified (e.g. CEng, MICE, MCIOB, RPP etc). You will hold MAPM 5 day certificate or PRINCE2 Equivalent and have NEC Accreditation.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
* Track record of delivery of project portfolios
* Solid commercial, financial and analytical skills
* Significant Leadership and people management skills and an ability to build, recruit and develop high performing teams
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexibility and adaptability to be able to respond rapidly to unexpected events, having the ability to develop creative solutions to problems
* Delivery of key targets and objectives within the limits of available resources
* Proven track record of managing different contractual arrangements, competitive tender/partnering/frameworks
* Experience in the Utility Sector (Preferable Water/Wastewater)
* Working Knowledge of CEMAR
* Working knowledge of UUs digital delivery library (project delivery systems)
* Working knowledge of UU governance process for capital projects
* Working knowledge of UU Variant of NEC3
The role is expected to be for a period of 12 months, starting in December/January
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.