As a Portfolio Analyst you will work as part of the Operational Delivery Performance Monitoring Team to: develop a performance measurement framework for our asset and portfolio delivery activities and monitor the performance of delivery services and projects against key performance indicators, goals and benefits; identify valuable business insights through scrutinising and challenging performance of delivery; provide tactical and strategic assessment against historic and forecast performance providing business insight on the implications of actions and scenarios.
Working collaboratively with the Data, Analytics and Reporting Team in a Product Lead role, you will use knowledge of stakeholder requirements and business goals to frame problems and agree priorities for reporting products (e.g. new data dashboards) and evaluate their deliverability with the development team.
The Operational Delivery Performance Monitoring Team operates at a national and local level, undertaking an assurance role for ‘delivery’ across the whole asset portfolio and operating model. We are a warm and inclusive team that actively seeks to support one another, nurture trust and develop together. As a Portfolio Analyst, you’ll primarily work across a local network of project and collaborative management teams where you will provide performance assurance from operational, programming and financial perspectives.
1) Performance measurement - participating in discussions yielding appropriate performance measurements. You have experience in turning business needs and goals into performance measures
2) Understanding and identifying constraints, sharing and working within them. You can challenge the validity of constraints. You know how to ensure that standards are being met.
3) Undertaking analysis and providing insight. You understand and can help teams apply a range of techniques to analyse data and provide insight. You are proactive and can present compelling findings that inform wider decisions.
4) User focus - identifying needs and engaging with users or stakeholders whilst collating their needs as evidence. You can use quantitative and qualitative data to turn user focus into outcomes.
5) Problem ownership - initiating and monitoring actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems; knowing how to consult specialists where required and determine the appropriate remedy, assisting with implementation of it.
Benefits include generous pension provision and leave entitlement. Our flexible working practices support a healthy work/life balance and offer numerous choices to help accommodate the demands that various personal commitments may present. Excellent training and learning opportunities are available for those wanting to progress their career, including personal and professional development. Please see the candidate pack for more information around benefits offered.
Occasional travel (regionally or nationally) and overnight stays required.
When providing evidence for competencies within your application, please give examples of how you clearly demonstrate these either within the context of this role or as transferable skills.
CVs or other documents attached to your application will not be assessed for selection.
For further information please contact Matthew Williams on 07771 933 131 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 7 December 2021.