London Borough Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £42,609 - £45,594
Permanent, Full Time
Do you want to work in a key role within a PMO that is a centre of excellence for the organisation? Have you considered your next step or looking to transition your experience into an ambitious London Borough?
We established a Corporate Programme Management Office (CPMO) in 2018, to support and coordinate the delivery of major projects & programmes and change transformations. We are now recruiting for a PMO analyst to join the small team.
The Corporate PMO supports Hammersmith & Fulham’s top management team to provide assurance on the delivery of a portfolio of major projects and programmes and change initiatives, through a regular reporting cycle and performance reviews. It acts as the go to place for the organization, seeking to drive improvement and build capacity through standardising practices and frameworks. The PMO is also there to provide hands on support to project/ programme teams, helping to define business cases, crystallise ideas and overcome problems, and manage dependencies, benefits, risks and change.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the Council’s significant and ambitious multi-year programme of works to deliver the H&F vision, Business Plan and large-scale change programmes and continually improve services for residents.
The responsibilities of the CPMO are to:
- provide assurance on the delivery of major projects and programmes and change initiatives
- ensure the programmes and projects undertaken within the portfolio are the right ones
- manage the Project/Programme Pipeline across the Portfolio, ensuring effective prioritisation and compatibility with business as usual (BAU) and local services
- act as a centre of excellence, driving improvement and building capacity through standardising practices and frameworks
- provide hands on support, helping to define business cases, crystallise ideas and overcome problems, and manage dependencies, benefits, risks and change
- work with project teams to maximise the achievement of the benefits from projects and programmes
- identify, disseminate, and apply lessons learned.
This is a great opportunity for someone with prior experience working in a PMO and familiar with their set up. We welcome applicants from all industries. You’ll be hands on, running your own small projects and delivering excellent work that makes a difference to the residents we serve. The Council strongly believes in flexible working and remote working plays an important part in ensuring employees enjoy a good work-life balance.
For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partner at Penna: Andreas.Efthymiou@penna.com or call 07546 415 794
Closing date: Friday 24th December 2021
Interviews will be held virtually w/c 10th January 2022