Interested in transforming UK Rail? Do you have strong problem solving skills and experience in Project Management within complex projects and environments?
Now that we have awarded our Rolling Stock contracts, we’re looking for Project Managers to lead the delivery of these across the design, build integration and testing phases as we bring the first fleet of high-speed trains into service. This is a great opportunity to join our growing Systems Delivery team as the project progresses, the Railway Systems activity increases and many of the associated contracts approach award and delivery phase. The scope of the rolling stock contracts will bring innovative technology to the UK railway and you could help support delivery of this transformational project.
At HS2, we’re leaving a legacy for future infrastructure projects. Delivering HS2 will enable the shift from road and air to rail, improving the quality of the air we breathe and supporting the transition to a net-zero carbon economy by 2050.
Come and join us on our journey!
About the Role:
As Project Manager – Rolling Stock, you’ll support the Head of Delivery Project (Rolling Stock) by managing the HS2 Rolling Stock projects through mobilisation of contract management systems and processes, to the subsequent delivery of the project.
About the role:
- Rolling Stock Projects includes the following contracts:
- Rolling Stock Manufacture and Supply Agreement (MSA)
- Rolling Stock Train Services Agreement (TSA)
- Network Rail Wider Network Works Project
The following Project Manager accountabilities are applicable to the Rolling Stock projects in this instance:
- To manage the client-side delivery of the named contracts.
- To manage the integrated team, including matrixed team members and any agency staff or consultants, providing day-to-day direction and co-ordinating to deliver project and/or contract requirements to the agreed schedule.
- To manage technical and project review meetings by coordinating attendees, recording actions and decisions, and ensuring that actions are closed in line with agreed timescales.
- To manage the review and approval of project documentation and response to Technical Queries, ensuring that the integrated team is consulted (as required) and the contract timescales are met.
- Responsible for the integration of the project(s) with other related projects and functional areas.
- Responsible for providing controlled input to the Client Cost Estimate(s), delivery logistics, key milestones and time, cost, quality and safety targets to ensure objectives are achieved in line with overall programme plans;
- Responsible for managing the risks and opportunities associated with the named delivery project(s);
- Responsible for managing and delivering the required assurance and governance process across the named delivery project(s);
- The Project Manager, Rolling Stock is also accountable for:
- Project interface with the Network Rail Wider Network Works contract for the scope of work to deliver rolling stock compatibility of the HS2 Rolling Stock on the Conventional Rail Network (CRN).
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Project management - the ability to plan and integrate projects to deliver target costs and project benefits. Skills profile aligned to APM Project Manager (intermediate)
- Influencing & Negotiating Skills – including internal functions and external supply chain partners.
- Direction - analysing inputs, assessing data, assisting in the development of strategies and documenting supporting rationales.
- Understanding of the technical elements and architecture of the relevant scope of work within the overall HS2 programme.
- Understanding of the nature of the relevant contract structures and the application of appropriate contract and supplier performance systems.
- Experience of leading and managing people directly and in a matrix environment.
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
To apply for this role, please visit our website.
Closing date: 16 January 2022.