This role is an exciting opportunity to join the senior team of HMRC’s Project Delivery Profession. The PD Technical Lead is HMRC’s Expert in all the technical aspects of project and programme delivery.
This will include setting standards and best practice for the Department through developing, managing and maintaining the relevant policies, processes, procedures, templates and training materials for the PD Profession in HMRC. These standards cover a wide range of technical aspects including: Planning & Scheduling, Risk and Issues Management, Business Change Management, Estimating, Cost Control, and Programme and Project analysis.
This role will work with the Infrastructure and Projects Authority to ensure that the relevant cross-government standards for Project Delivery are appropriately implemented across programmes and projects throughout the lifecycle, covering the entire HMRC Portfolio of Programmes and Projects.
It will also champion our capabilities and find opportunities to build our communities, collaboration and engagement, supporting our people to develop their professional competencies.
• Championing project delivery standards across all projects and driving up compliance through the development of guidance materials, toolkits and techniques.
• Supporting the development of our project professionals so that they can excel. This will include working with the Infrastructure and Projects Authority on the developing plans for the Government Project Academy, managing and delivering formal training and development and creating informal learning and development opportunities.
• Developing and implementing proposals to improve specialist and expert Project Delivery capabilities.
• Maintaining and building networks and communities of practice within the Department and more widely.
• Collaborating with other functions including finance, digital, estates and commercial to strengthen the functional model within the department.
• Actively contributing to and influencing the work being led by the Infrastructure Projects Authority to define project delivery standards as part of the new Project Delivery Framework.
• Leading as part of the Senior Leadership Team on communications and engagement with HMRC’s Project Delivery Professionals.