Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Project Manager within our ambitious and focussed IT Team. Reporting to the IT Programme Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced candidate to join Williams Racing.
Responsibilities of the IT Project Manager include:
• Agree the scope of IT projects with the Senior IT Project Manager
• Ensure IT governance is followed throughout and adherence to any regulatory requirements
• Presentation of Project Requests to relevant Steering Committees to enable project initiation
• Accurately report progress to all levels of the business
• Create detailed projects plan with interlocking dependencies to ensure successful completion of all Projects.
• Complete other project artefacts as required
• Manage risk & issues and identify trends on when these should be elevated to IT risk committee
• Understand Technologies and be quick to develop knowledge as required.
• Develop relationships with Technical Partners to ensure delivery against timeframes.
• Lead Project reviews driving the projects forward, unblock technical/process issues by understanding the bigger picture and IT road Map
• Communicate and report direct to stakeholders via different collaboration techniques.
• Be Proficient in MS Project, SharePoint, Change Management systems.
• Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
• Conduct close out activities and present lessons learned throughout the section to ensure the section continuously improves its practices and processes
• Be a force for good by developing your skills and knowledge to ensure efficient use of the Technical leads and stakeholder time
• Positively represent the Williams brand in all activity
As the IT Project Manager you will be:
• A driven proven IT Project Manager who is used to balancing the needs to deliver across numerous Projects
• 3+ years of IT project management experience with knowledge of IT Networks, IT architecture and Software
• Experience of delivering large scale upgrade/transformation projects at an enterprise level with a can-do attitude
• Proven ability to motivate people
• Proven ability to take others on the journey while adhering to the Williams Values
• A self-motivated pro-active individual who can plan and manage their time to deliver against deadlines
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Flexibility in working hours and remote working will be required, as well as on site activity. Williams operates a Covid Secure site
• ITIL and ISEB qualifications are desirable
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 31st January 2022
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.