This position is responsible for planning and executing complex, mid to large sized projects that support our emerging products and services. This person will primarily manage hardware impacted projects for the Internet team, and will take on additional project types as business needs dictate. Project teams will be cross functional, and projects will have high visibility, aggressive schedules, and require strong organization and negotiation skills to balance the needs of project stakeholders. Projects may be technical in nature and have implications and impacts associated with the T-Mobile enterprise wide systems/system applications, network, and telecommunication/product devices. Projects may be multi-tiered comprising several smaller projects that span multiple years, with large budget & business impacts. This position will manage work utilizing standard project management methodologies, processes/procedures.
CO113-CO-McGregor Square H&E Office
1901 Wazee Street Suite 700
- Develops and maintains comprehensive project plans by defining all necessary activities, resources, sequencing, and timing. Collaborates closely with technical teams, vendors, and go-to-market stakeholders to develop and adhere to timelines. Includes identifying and coordinating roadmap dependencies between devices, mobile app, and backend system updates.
- Is accountable for and drives project scope, goals, schedule, and deliverables. Includes expertly using written and verbal communication to own project meetings and status updates, ensure transparency to risks, and maintain a strong project team sense of respect and trust.
- Proactively identifies risks and issues, and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms, and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leadership and executive level in both planned and ad hoc scenarios.
- Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift and impact.
- Continually invests in stakeholder management and builds stakeholder trust; anticipates and resolves resourcing issues. Influences project execution approach to deliver under tight timelines while minimizing risk to customer experience and product quality.
- Thinks critically about project interdependency with overall program, and collaborates with Program Manager to ensure Internet team’s Device & Hardware program meets critical KPIs for customers and the business
- Coaches project team members and peers on project management topics.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Project Management, Communications, or related field
- 5 years of experience in organizational programs, project management, process management or related area.
- 3 years of experience in hardware, OEM management, lifecycle management
- Vendor/OEM Management experience preferred
- Organizational Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Problem solving
- Project Management Professional, Program Management Professional, or Other (PMI) certification
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is generally within the range of $50,000.00 to $125,000.00 for annual base salary. The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range. Employees are eligible for a year-end bonus based on company and/or individual performance and which is set at a percentage of an employee’s eligible earnings in the prior year.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
T-Mobile U.S. Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated. T-Mobile USA, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace. The unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in T-Mobile's workplace and employee conduct in violation of this prohibition is subject to employer discipline, including termination.