About the role
Whoosh is our recently launched new Online delivery service enabling customers to order and get their groceries delivered within an hour. To support with its growth, we are in need of a motivated and enthusiastic Fulfilment Manager who will be responsible for the further rollout of the Whoosh proposition across our estate. This fast paced role will see the successful candidate managing the end to end rollout and store implementation process including line management of a Project Executive.
You will be responsible for
• Working collaboratively and influencing across multiple functions including Technology, Property and Retail teams to deliver the Whoosh expansion project.
• Delivering the project within budget by taking accountability of all related purchase orders and accurately forecasting future capital expenditure.
• Regularly providing updates to the wider leadership team on the rollout progress, risks, issues and mitigations.
• Ensuring stores are seamlessly progressed through a pre-launch process including both systemic and physical set up and working with 3rd party logistic partners to on-board new stores.
• Aligning store openings precisely with the managing by hours flexing timelines to provide stores with the required payroll.
• Creating and continuously developing the Whoosh training material to ensure our store colleagues are engaged and informed of new and existing store processes.
• Line manage and shape the role of a Project Executive, including coaching, objective building and end of year reviews.
• Work with the wider Whoosh Development team to improve the customer experience and profitability of the operation.
• Create a feedback loop with stores to ensure issues and opportunities are tracked with clear plans to resolve.
• Coaching the retail teams in order to embed Whoosh into business as usual activities.
• Contributing to make your team a great place to work.
You will need
Operational skills relevant for the job:
• Strong Stakeholder Management and engagement skills, including ability to clearly articulate the output required of stakeholders and deadlines for tasks
• The ability to work collaboratively
• Communication skills – strong written and verbal skills, including being a confident communicator with an adaptable approach
• MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc)
• Strong organisational, planning and time-management skills.
• Good analysis and decision-making skills.
Experience relevant for the job:
• Experience in senior stakeholder management and cross functional working
• Experience working on large scale rollout projects within a physical retail environment.
• Experience in autonomously leading tasks and prioritising workload.
• Versatility and ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing business priorities
• Interest in Online and Fulfilment.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers. We have the largest Grocery Home Shopping business in the UK, offering over to our customers every day, as well as delivering over 1.3m orders a week.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City Office, with home working possible in line with government guidelines. We’re flexible and adaptable to our colleagues needs in order to make Tesco the best possible place to work for you!
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.