Connect Business is the new Mott MacDonald Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) system which is being rolled out across the MM Group on a Region and country by country basis. A Project Manager is now required to support the development and deployment of the Connect CRM system.
Reporting to the Development Manager for Connect Business, the WIN Project Manager will be responsible for the project management of all aspects of the development and deployment of the Connect CRM system and associated WIN activities. This involves working with senior business stakeholders to ensure the system and our people are ready to fully realise the benefits.
The Project Manager is responsible for all activities undertaken by the Connect CRM team which includes 3 team members responsible for the technical, data and testing elements of the system.
The Project Manager will work closely with key leads within the Connect Business team, the Regional teams involved in the deployment of Connect Business in each new country across the Mott MacDonald Group, and the Regional Benefit Realisation working groups. The WIN Project Manager will draw these activities together into a clear plan, ensuring all activities are coordinated, during the deployment, actions addressed, and the programme monitored, escalating issues with recommendations for resolution as needed.
The role is full-time for the Connect Business programme, as part of our Group Support Services.
The role description is as follows:
- Project manage all activities undertaken by the Connect CRM Product team to ensure a successful deployment of Connect Business across the MM Group. Manage and coordinate the activities of all members of the Connect CRM Product team, ensuring a CRM programme is in place, team priorities identified and sufficient resources available for all ongoing and planned activities.
- Be the main programme lead for liaison with senior stakeholders across the MM Group in relation to the development of the new Connect CRM system and deployment to new users.
- Ensure a clear roadmap for development of the Connect CRM system is both in place and agreed with key stakeholders in the business. This includes maintaining an assessment of the system ‘fitness’ to support benefits realisation and liaising with key business users to identify any system ‘snags’ holding back benefits realisation.
- Manage and support all work undertaken by the technical and data leads in specifying, developing, testing and deploying any changes agreed to the Connect CRM system, including associated reports and dashboards. This includes those managed through monthly ‘sprint’ releases and others undertaken as part of core system upgrades.
- Support the Change and Benefits Realisation Manager and the Regional WIN Benefits Realisation Working Groups in driving forward initiatives that maximise the benefits from the Connect CRM system.
- Capture risks related to the CRM programme, maintain and update the risks and mitigation actions in the JIRA system, and escalate any risks as required to the Connect Business Development Manager.
- Capture meeting outputs, distribute and ensure all actions are enacted by the appropriate person(s), including status updates to the WIN Steering Group.
- Support the Communications and Engagement consultant when required in updating WIN training materials, holding briefing sessions and any associated training. Supporting the training when appropriate.
- Actively contribute to the wider team objectives, and organise, attend, participate, and present in Connect Business workshops and meetings as required.
Formal education and certification
- University degree or college diploma - essential.
- An accreditation from a professional project management institute (eg APM and PMI) is desirable.
Knowledge & experience
- Project management skills are essential - a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a project manager is required and 5 years’ experience is desired.
- Experience in a client delivery role and understand our WIN STEP processes
- Experience of multi-tasking and working in challenging, time-constrained programmes.
- Experience of chairing of internal meetings and presenting with senior MM colleagues and working at all levels.
- A working knowledge of MS Project is desirable.
- Analytical and pragmatic thinking – the ability to decipher problems and provide solutions whether these be system or process orientated.
- Must be fully conversant with Office 365.
- Excellent experience of working in and contributing to a team e.g., you want to and encourage collaboration, getting people connected, working together, and sharing best practice
- You have some experience of using Connect CRM and/or training it (even if it’s been light touch to date)
- Highly organized.
- Ability to work with multiple internal clients and colleagues on a variety of tasks simultaneously. Customer focused – this is front of mind going into any call or meeting.
- Ability to influence stakeholders in order to achieve the most effective outcomes for colleagues.
- Confident communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starting and resourceful with the confidence and ability to undertake tasks and objectives, see them through to completion with minimal guidance.
- Committed to fulfilling promises made with regards to content, quality and deadlines despite challenges
- Flexibility of working to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Tenacious – you are a problem solver (take complex and convey simply, at the right level for the audience), with a “can do” attitude
Mott MacDonald’s support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
- Other Information
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence