More than you expected Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Job Description: Location: London – Flexible / Any Other UK Location Considered
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Grant Thornton’s Business Consulting consists of Enterprise Applications, Technology, Finance, Operations, Deals and People focus areas. The Enterprise Applications Practice is responsible for advisory and project implementation services related to Oracle Cloud Applications.
Within this role you will perform Project Management/ Project Lead advisory and implementation services, managing projects primarily in Oracle Cloud ERP, but potentially in other areas of enterprise system implementation as required, with a particular focus on cloud based solutions. Additionally, the role will include assistance in business development and practice development (especially development of best practice project implementation approach and methods) for the Enterprise Applications practice.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Project Manager within our Enterprise Applications team you will:
- Within a project, own all aspects of Grant Thornton’s Project Management responsibilities – plan, budget, team, scope etc
- Manage projects to success in terms of customer expectations, scope, budget and timeline.
- Lead teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures etc.
- Take a lead role in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans.
- Participate in other business development activities as appropriate
- Take personal responsibility for managing workload to meet own utilisation targets
- Undertake Practice Development activity – especially in building method and collateral relating to best practice implementation approach and methods and the development of Project Management best practice
- Work closely with Solution Architect for your project in providing overall leadership, and in leading your team members
- Provide high impact leadership for your area of the project, both to the other project team members, and to the customer team
- Provide leadership to client stakeholders and to the Grant Thornton team
- Be responsible for all aspects of the management of your projects
- Identify business opportunities to increase the scope and value of your project and deliver extra value to your customers
- Provide leadership and insight for client account development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of go-to market propositions, proposals, and work plans
- Work closely with the rest of the Enterprise Applications team in marketing and business development activities as appropriate
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Project Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is to have:
- 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent)
- Oracle certification and accreditation in Oracle Cloud
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing multiple industry clients
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle Cloud Project Management roles, in which you have clearly defined responsibility for the overall project delivery, including at least 2 completed Oracle Cloud projects (ERP or HCM)
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Experience and knowledge of delivery of Oracle Cloud ERP or HCM projects and expertise in the specific success factors relevant to the delivery of Oracle Cloud projects.
- Evidence of appropriate Oracle vendor formal training, skills development, and certification (other vendor training experience and knowledge would be a benefit)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles, key metrics and reports
- Proven ability delivering complex and time sensitive projects
- Strong leadership skills; able to conduct meetings, write technically orientated documents, and to demonstrate the high impact leadership skills necessary deliver successful projects.
- Ability to engage and respond effectively to client’s senior stakeholder groups
- Able to work with clients to understand current state processes and define future state processes based on business objectives
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 100% if necessary
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.