Description of business unit
The Data, Digital & Strategic Reporting function centralises data, digital & customer analytics activities across Retail UK enabling standardisation, sharing of best practices and increased ability to meet customer demand. Lifting insight development as well as delivering strategy reporting and marketing activities and acting as a central point of contact for the Retail UK CEO and Executive Committee (ExCo).
The UK Data Team provide critical data integration and engineering services to support the Bank's change programme of initiatives and strategic needs. The team operates a 'one team' culture delivering through multi-functional squads.
Purpose of the Role
The roles of theData Business Analyst / Project Manager will be part of the Data leadership team and is to support engagement with the business to translate complex business requirements into technical andrequirementspecifications and oversee those changes to completion through planning and project management disciplines.
- Develop and manage project plans from beginning to end, leveraging Agile or Kanban methodology
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Support multiple business units in the areas of requirements definition, requirements documentation, test case documentation, and creating and updating project documentation such as project plans, spreadsheets, status reports, and presentations
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans
- Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Present and articulate solutions to management and / or project stakeholders and others while interfacing with technical resources, business owners, end users, and management
- Hands on ability to dive into data analysis to assist the team when required
- Strong data validation and attention to detail required
- Strong understanding of data integration (inbound and outbound)
- Assist with prototypes and communicate solutions to demonstrate possibilities to new clients
- Serve as the conduit between the client business stakeholders and the data engineering team
- Support with conducting testing of solutions developed and assist in validating outputs, conduct troubleshooting, and support existing solutions
- Support the business units with data collection, report generation, variance analysis, and data quality monitoring
- Work in complex environments while performing multiple activities on concurrent development projects and existing production processes
- Make proactive engagements with business units to understand requirements and identify pain point and opportunities
- Coordinate events in conjunction with the business to communicate status updates and showcase the work completed by the UK Data Team
- Own the team workstack & backlog and be responsible for the planning, execution and monitoring of sprints to maintain a continuous pipeline of activity
What is the opportunity
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Degree in similar discipline or equivalent experience recognised qualifications
Essential Skills & Experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in a technical lead role in application development desired
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organised.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Build and maintain strong relationships with various cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate developments using agile tools and framework
- Ability to work independently with minimal mentorship
- Ability to work under pressure and meet demanding timelines
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Statistical analysis software (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS, or STATA)
- SQL databases and database querying languages.
- Programming skills such as Python and R.
- Survey/query software.
- Business intelligence and reporting software.
- Data mining.
- Data visualisation.
- Customer Focused - Leader
- One Group, one team - Leader
- Agile - Leader
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Accountable - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.