At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us make history, here’s your chance to accelerate our growth and ability to serve our customers through the People eXperience and Technology (PXT) Expansion team.
About the team
PXT Expansions is a centralized Human Resources (HR) team, which seeks to enable Amazon’s strategic growth by consulting and project management of HR work streams of expansion projects. Within PXT Expansions, the PXT Regional sub-team primarily focuses on organic (non-M&A) Amazon expansion efforts, including new country (NCX) and in-country (ICX) expansions. PXT Expansions brings business expansion ideas to life, through internal consulting, performing onsite due diligence and risk mitigation, enabling local companies (tax/legal entities) for employment, launching the Day One business, providing post-launch support, democratizing ‘low touch’ repeatable tools and processes, and post-launch transition to the local Business and HR Line.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate has worked in a fast-paced, global environment, able to read ambiguous situations quickly, is energized by working on high-profile projects, and is comfortable influencing across a wide range of HR and business professionals across all levels. They possess a hybrid program/project management background, paired with relevant HR Generalist and/or Specialist experience. The ideal candidate has a passion for business growth, process and operational improvement, is customer obsessed, exhibits strong ownership, and quickly earns stakeholder trust. Additionally, they index high on the ability to dive deep, deliver results, and have a strong bias for action.
The Sr HR Project Manager reports to the EMEA Regional Sr HR Manager and will partner with other HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to drive all critical talent and organizational initiatives during organic (non-M&A) geographic expansions (from idea through to business launch). This role will preferably be based in London (open to other EU locations), but will have regional scope, supporting growth across all countries in EMEA, across all Amazon business lines.
The Sr HR PM leads project management and expansion planning across all Amazon businesses, and provides regional subject matter expertise and consulting, to ensure expansion projects capture the employment complexities and mitigate related risks. The role is responsible to Earn Trust, building a cohesive and effective expansion team, managing through influence with HR Business Partner (HRBP) line, Central HR Specialist functions, and relevant Business stakeholders. They are able to marshal resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to get things done. The role focuses on Ownership of their regional portfolio of expansion projects, optimizing for speed, customer and employee experience, and productivity at business launch. They also serve as a coach, as this role indirectly leads many players within the region. They serve as ‘employment practice’ expert resources for their region and utilize market analysis to support expansion planning. They will also contribute to process improvement initiatives, and support deployment of tools and processes to support expansion needs.
· HR domain knowledge, with experience as a HR generalist or specialist.
· Expertise in leading large-scale (global or regional) project management of complex expansion projects, related to new geographies and/or businesses.
· Possesses working knowledge of employment laws and market practice within regional geographies, partners effectively with relevant stakeholders to incorporate local practice into project plans.
· Demonstrates Customer Obsession: Possesses strong business acumen and drives expansion project management with customer interests as focal point.
· Proficiency in project planning methodologies, tools, and leading change through data-driven solutions.
· Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and discretion through ambiguous phases of expansion project development.
· Proven ability to influence and drive results laterally and remotely through HR and cross-functional colleagues. Ability to influence effectively with Regional-level partners and leaders of specialist central function teams (eg Compensation + Benefits, Payroll, HR Services, etc).
· Possesses excellent communications skills: exemplifies Amazon’s leadership principles effectively internally and externally to new business partners, vendors and the community.
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Demonstrates humility and openness to multiple perspectives in leading project decision making.
· Ability to travel up to 30% - regional and some international travel will be required.
* HR or business line experience in multiple EMEA geographies is strongly preferred.
* Graduate business/HR degree preferred.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.