AlphaPlus is an education service business specialising in standards, assessment and certification. We help our clients design, develop, deploy and evaluate qualifications and their underpinning assessments. Our work spans the public and private sectors, schools, colleges, vocational and professional learning. Around half our work is overseas. We have a core team of 39 staff primarily based in our Manchester head office, and in addition draw upon a team of approximately 400 associates.
AlphaPlus is seeking a project manager to join our PMO, ensuring that projects are implemented to time, budget and quality, supporting a range of projects over their lifecycle, from planning to post-delivery evaluation, and supporting the production of bids for upcoming projects. The post-holder will report to the Head of the PMO, with functional reporting to project directors.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable successful track record of experience in project management. Some experience within the education, training or assessment sector would be useful but not essential.
We are looking for candidates who possess:
- a successful track record of project management experience, supporting projects over their lifecycle from planning to post-delivery evaluation.
- a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- a proven ability to collect and analyse information, solve problems and make decisions.
- an ability to work well in a high-pressure environment and to work independently.
- excellent communication skills to operate effectively with the team and with customers.
- a recognition of the importance of and commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- reasonable fluency with MS Office applications.
- an aptitude for adapting to new software and digital services.
AlphaPlus is committed to ongoing learning and investment in its employees and is a corporate member of APM. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity and support to aim for achieving APM Chartered Project Professional status, if not already achieved.
The role is full-time, Monday to Friday, and is Manchester-based. The company is currently operating a hybrid working policy based on two days per week minimum in the office, and three days working from home. It is likely that we will have more time in the office as the pandemic recedes, but substantial flexibility and hybrid working will remain our policy and approach.
Normally the role will also involve national and international travel including very occasional working in customer offices.
Benefits include enhanced terms and conditions, a contributory pension scheme and a generous bonus scheme, currently averaging 10% per annum.
To apply please follow the instructions on the company website. The closing date for applications is Monday 7 February 2022