As our Risk & Issues Manager, your starting salary will be £45150.00 and you will have opportunities to progress to £49890.00 over time. New joiners to the Met Office will start on the salary band minima.
Your total reward package is potentially worth up to £59704.00 annually, which includes basic salary, potential corporate bonus and employer pension contributions.
Your package includes:- Outstanding Civil Service Pension
- Flexible hours and homeworking
- Annual Leave starting at 27.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 32.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) after 5 years and option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year of annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Access to discounted shopping on a range of retail, leisure and lifestyle categories
Who we are
We provide critical weather services and world-leading climate science, to help people make better decisions to stay safe and thrive.
Our exceptional people deliver scientific, technological and operational expertise and provide critical services. Our people work together to deliver extraordinary impact, making us one of the most trusted forecasters in the world.
Our values - it's who we are:
- We're a force for good
- We're experts by nature
- We live and breathe it
- We're better together
- We keep evolving
We are the Met Office, come and join us and help us to make a difference.
As our Risk & Issues Manager , the key duties are:
- Champion better Risk and Issue Management through the development and implementation of strategies, processes and procedures in accordance with best practice and the complexity of the specific initiative. Provide strategic-level advice to senior leaders and the MO PMO Manager on Risk and Issue Management. Provide leadership of Risk and Issue Management within the Programmes Directorate.
- Provide expert strategic-level advice on Risks and Issues to Project/Programme Managers and senior leaders. Develop a programme of regular risk and issue reviews with key stakeholders. Be a point of expert professional knowledge and experience on project/programme Risk and Issue Management. Support the business in identifying appropriate strategies for dealing with Risk and Issues
- Responsible for facilitating the identification, analysis and monitoring of project/programme Risks and Issues. Direct the creation and format of periodic and ad-hoc Risk and Issues reports, including qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, as required by Governance bodies. Liaise with reporting bodies.
- Build effective working relationships and communicate with all stakeholders to ensure risk and issue mananagement activity is focused on achievement of business case benefits and customer impact.
- Maintain, collate and report on relevant metrics to provide senior leadership with a consistent, clear view of risk and issue managementactivities to enable fast and effective decision making.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & AbilitiesSignificant experience in specialist risk and issues management roles in project/programme delivery environments.Excellent understanding and demonstrable proactive management of risk and issues. Providing necessary management information for decision making, and escalating when appropriateExperience of working in Agile, hybrid, and waterfall project/programme delivery environments, with varying levels of maturity.Ability to drive best practice through excellent communication skills that emphasise both clarity and engagement and show a proven ability to work well as a member of a team. Adept at presenting insights and trends in a variety of formats and levels of detail to suit different audience requirements.
How to apply
Click Apply and attach your CV and a Cover Letter which evidences how you meet the essential criteria.
Closing date 27/03/2022 at 23:59 with interviews commencing from 06/04/2022. You will hear from us once the closing date has passed. Our interviews are taking place remotely via Microsoft Teams.