We're hiring for a PMO (Project Management Office) Assurance Manager based in Exeter HQ with hybrid remote working.
As our PMO Assurance Manager , your starting salary will be £37418.00 and you will have opportunities to progress to £41159.00 over time. New joiners to the Met Office will start on the salary band minima.
Your total reward package is potentially worth up to £51767.00 annually, which includes basic salary, potential corporate bonus and employer pension contributions.
Your package includes:
- Outstanding Civil Service Pension
- Flexible hours and homeworking
- Annual Leave starting at 27.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 32.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) after 5 years and option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year of annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Access to discounted shopping on a range of retail, leisure and lifestyle categories
Who we are
We provide critical weather services and world-leading climate science, to help people make better decisions to stay safe and thrive.
Our exceptional people deliver scientific, technological and operational expertise and provide critical services. Our people work together to deliver extraordinary impact, making us one of the most trusted forecasters in the world.
Our values - it's who we are:
- We're a force for good
- We're experts by nature
- We live and breathe it
- We're better together
- We keep evolving
We are the Met Office, come and join us and help us to make a difference.
As our PMO Assurance Manager , the key duties are:
- Ensure projects and programmes have appropriate levels of assurance according to scale, priority and complexity;
- Implement guidance on first line assurance activities and publish/record them in management documents as required. Maintain assurance guidance as part of continuous improvement to ensure that first line assurance activities remain fit for purpose;
- Lead a number of evidence-based assurance activities across multiple projects or programmes providing critical friend support where appropriate. Lead specific activities, such as the review of management cases within business cases or project health checks, engaging with relevant stakeholders across the MO;
- Ensure that agreed actions from first line assurance are implemented, and that any lessons learned are applied to future change initiatives;
- Lead the timely and accurate tracking and reporting of progress against integrated assurance plans and milestones to support enterprise or board level assurance activities;
- Support projects and programmes with completion of actions resulting from second line assurance activities such as Project/Programme Assurance Reviews (PARs).
Essential Qualifications, Skills & AbilitiesDemonstrable analytical skills, ability to challenge and seek out evidence and write clear and concise recommendations. Demonstrable skills and experience in project and programme assurance and knowledge of applicable standards, audit requirements and legislation.Experience in project/programme delivery.Excellent communication skills to senior staff that emphasise both clarity and engagement and show a proven ability to work well with others.Experience in developing an assurance framework and using tools to conduct assurance reviews.Excellent planning and organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to prioritise and manage simultaneous tasks whilst utilising analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Closing date 02/05/2022 at 23:59 with interviews commencing from 16/05/2022 . We update all applicants once the vacancy has closed and applications have been reviewed.
At present, all interviews are taking place remotely via Microsoft Teams.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from those with all protected characteristics.
We recognise that Great Minds Don't Think Alike and are committed to being a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We are a Disability Confident, Mindful Employer and we hold an Athena Swan Bronze award for our work on gender equality. We apply the Civil Service Code to ensure that everyone is recruited on merit, fairness, and open competition.
If you are considering applying and need assistance to do so, please contact us via . You can request adjustments either within our application form or via email.