Directorate: Business Transformation Directorate
Location: Roles can be worked remotely, contracted location base of Liverpool or Darlington
Reports to: Grade 7
Line Management: Yes
Security Clearance: BPSS
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to lead / manage the project and the project team on a day-to-day basis. The Project Manager is responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. The Project Manager has a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
This is a dynamic role, which requires the post holder to be a self-starter and driven to succeed in challenging circumstances using specialist skills and deep business knowledge. You will be pro-active, flexible, responsive to change, and possess the ability to proactively develop and maintain collaborative relationships.
The role also includes responsibility for developing the wider community for Project Delivery.
• The post holder will work closely with other disciplines to ensure that DBS systems and processes are continuously improved.
• Representing DBS / Business Transformation Directorate at appropriate forums, as directed.
• Supporting the delivery of the Business Transformation Directorate’s objectives.
• Work as part of a wider directorate, bringing together skills and expertise into a single, coherent and enabling directorate
• Management and leadership of allocated projects and project teams to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
• Development and maintenance of the project plan and controls, using a structured approach to planning and working with business representatives from across the organisation to gather key information.
• Developing and delivering the business case and related outcomes, ensuring benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Ensuring that an appropriate benefits realisation strategy is in place and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the business case.
• Identifying and monitoring of project risks and issues including development of mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identifying and working with related areas to manage interdependencies, ensuring that impacts are understood and appropriate actions undertaken.
• Leading effective processes to agree and document key changes to deliverables.
• Provision of reporting to support effective governance, assurance and decision making.
• Identifying, developing and maintaining of key stakeholder relationships across the DBS and with appropriate external parties.
• Engaging with key stakeholders for assurance reviews and for processes to adhere to set governance.
• Maintenance and oversight of capacity within your team
• Coaching others working in project delivery across the organisation to develop capability by developing a community of practice to act as a centre of excellence.
• Maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders and provide timely and accurate information.
• Support the Directorate with its different categories of change, continuous improvement, and transformation which includes DBS Excellence, Foundations and Safer Plus programmes.
• Ability to work to challenging timescales.
• Have the ability to deal with complexity, managing issues to resolution and making effective decisions.
• Ability to proactively problem solve, identify associated impacts and work collaboratively with partners to resolve and mitigate.
• Able to translate and simplify detailed information into a clear, concise format that is understandable for a wider audience
• Ability to work both in a team, or independently to deliver tasks and project outputs
• Good standard of written and verbal communication.
• Experience of successfully managing projects/programmes of scale and complexity.
• Have experience working with and managing key stakeholders at different levels, including external suppliers.
• Experience of working in a culture of continuous delivery and improvement
• A recognised qualification in Project Management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Package such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience of working in a Project/Programme environment using both Waterfall and Agile
• Experience in business case development, benefits management and change management.
• Proficient in the use of SharePoint
The closing date for applications is 15th May 2022.