We’re Association for Project Management (APM). We’re a professional membership organisation that sets the standards for the project profession. As a registered charity, we reinvest our surplus for the benefit of our members and the profession. We deliver education and develop qualifications. We conduct research and provide knowledge and resources. We run events and share best practice. We give people the opportunity to connect and provide community for our individual members and corporate partners, wherever they are. Above all, when doing so makes a difference, we challenge the status quo
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to bring their expertise to the only chartered body for the project profession. Reporting to the Head of Portfolio, the successful candidate will provide project management expertise to the APM portfolio – delivering key projects comprising product, process and system development. They will contribute to the enhancement of APM’s project management framework to ensure current and future projects within the APM are delivered in line with good practice project management techniques, whilst ensuring such frameworks are appropriate to the type and scale of projects within the overall portfolio.
The role holder is responsible for leading the project resources in order to ensure the project objectives are accomplished. They must have an understanding of when project exceptions need to be escalated through the portfolio governance processes, ensuring options and recommendations for resolution are identified.
The role holder will have the personal and professional experience to build and manage meaningful and supportive relationships across the portfolio team, project teams and with internal and external stakeholders as required throughout the delivery cycle.
- Qualified to first degree level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline preferably education related or Information Technology
- Professional qualification in project management, such as PMQ or any other recognised qualifications
- 5 years project management and delivery experience
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality
- Successful experience of translating analysis into practical implementation
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proven experience of effective working with those whose specialist knowledge is greater than yours
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools and MS Project ▪ Ability to co-ordinate colleagues, volunteers and contracted parties through expert leadership, motivation, teamwork, supervision and accountability
- Ability to work across Education and Professional Bodies sector Ability to continue to completion existing projects and initiatives
- Ability to work with and manage external IT system suppliers
- Proven capability to manage projects and stakeholders
APM is chartered. We’re the only chartered organisation representing the project profession, anywhere in the world. We know that better project delivery is about achieving your desired outcome. We believe that doing so is about so much more than process alone. We’re champions of the new. There has never been a more important time for debate, so naturally we’re at the heart and helm of that too. In a complex and shifting world, we’re helping the project profession deliver better.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you have the necessary attributes, skills and expertise for the role, please send your CV and covering letter to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Full job description can be found on our website
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible
- Main benefits at APM:
- 25 days holiday (excluding all public holidays). This increases with length of service – by one day after four years’ service, then another day every other year, to a max of 30 days per year).
- Private healthcare and dental cover are available after completion of six-month probationary period. APM pays the premium for the employee. This becomes a 'benefit in kind’. Pension scheme offered in line with auto enrolment. APM can contribute up to 7% of your salary depending on your own contribution. APM will contribute a minimum 4% of your salary. The pension scheme is available as a salary sacrifice.
- There is a sick pay scheme which pays up to 30 days (pro-rated for part time employees) full pay for sickness absence in a rolling 12 months period, payable after probationary period. ▪ Life assurance at four times the salary.
- Salary sacrifice schemes – cycle to work scheme, additional annual leave (up to 10 days), and pension scheme.
- Free parking – this is not guaranteed.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme for eligible employees. The discretionary bonus will take account of individual performance as well as APM’s overall financial performance ▪ One volunteering day per year
- Hybrid/flexible working options are available dependent on job role.