We are looking for an experienced Procurement Project Manager to work with our client based in Stockport, Manchester.
You will be working closely with Category Managers and the Head of Procurement. The key focus of the role is to deliver the procurement requirements of business wide change and transformation projects.
Successful candidates will need to work with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure successful project delivery on time and within budget.
These projects will mainly be focused around (but not limited to) IT & Technology. Including Software, Hardware and Business Systems.
• Support the Head of Procurement and Category Managers to define, implement and deliver a strategic plan for projects, in line with the overall procurement strategy and business strategy
• Deliver the end-to-end procurement cycle from sourcing to contract drafting
• Full control of all spend in the allocated category, securing best value and maximising economies of scale from supplier expenditure
• Analyse overall category performance, providing MI to the Procurement Team and business leaders on the effectiveness of the allocated category
• Build strong relationships with suppliers to effectively manage contracts and performance, to
ensure the needs of the business are met
• Manage corporate risk in relation to procurement and supplier activity, identifying supplier risk areas, quantifying risk exposure and executing risk mitigation actions
• Manage and influence key internal stakeholders across the business, building collaborative
relationships to give the procurement agenda credibility and visibility across the business
• Ensure compliance with company guidelines by adoption of best in class procurement practices
• Keep up to date on trends, best practice and legislation, advising managers and leaders of any
changes which will be necessary to process or policy within the allocated category
• Provide a primary point of contact for senior business leaders for issues in the allocated project
• Applying a disciplined Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Framework including assessment of supplier performance and strong supply chain governance, with focus on risk reduction and sustainability
Required Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
• Proven track record of managing procurement change and transformation projects in a large, multi- site business — implementing and embedding strategy, policies and processes
• Experience of one or more of the following categories — Technology, IT, Business Systems, Software & Hardware
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time and manage expectations of multiple different stakeholders groups on different projects at the same time.
• An understanding of corporate policies and processes with the ability to balance the needs, demands and deadlines of the project or the organisation with the documented processes.
• Commercially focused experience with evidence of maximising value for money and cost reduction
• Contract and supplier management experience, including a strong commercial focus and robust negotiation skills
• Project Management experience including leadership, planning, reporting and comms
• Strong stakeholder management experience, able to adapt to engage with a variety of management and leadership styles
• A keen interest in the procurement field, with evidence of continuing professional development
• CIPS — MCIPS qualification (or equivalent) or working towards desirable
Please submit your CV to apply for this role.