At National Grid are responsible for delivering energy to millions of homes and businesses in the UK. We’re shaping a low carbon future………and your legacy starts here.
We are looking for experienced Senior Project Managers to join our East Coast Project Team working on New Infrastructure projects.
We lead on developing and delivering major new infrastructure projects for overhead line and substations on the high voltage transmission system. You will be fully accountable to deliver high profile complex projects safely, to time and within regulatory allowances ensuring the right mix of resource capability and staffing volumes at the right time. The team you manage will develop and deliver solutions to not only meet the technical needs of the National Grid Electricity Transmission network today, but also ensure that our system is fit for purpose in our net zero future.
As Senior Project Manager you are at the heart of delivering our major new infrastructure projects. You will be leading a multidisciplinary team through the whole project life cycle, from option selection, development, contract award and delivery, including sanction and procurement activities. It is your responsibility to inspire and motivate your Project Managers to establish a high performing team, continually developing and looking to find a better way for a sustainable future.
We’re looking for someone who is going to take the job personally! Someone who is going to be completely committed to getting their project delivered safely, on time and to budget. You will have a background employing project and/or contract management practice in a similar field or discipline. You’ll have strong commercial acumen with demonstrable experience of leading cross functional teams and a stakeholder-centric approach to delivering a high-quality output.
You’ll be a self-starter who is good at playing devil’s advocate and foreseeing potential problems.
Ideally, you will have a degree or qualification in project management, engineering, business management or equivalent experience, and you will need a driving licence that permits you to drive in the UK.
Training and development
We are keen to see our people progress and will support you in gaining the qualifications and skills you need to develop, bespoke to your needs and those of the business.
What you'll get
- Salary of £60,000 - £74,000 dependent on capability
- Company Car if driving over more than 10,000 miles per year
- Annual Performance Based Bonus of up to 15% of your base salary
- 28 days annual leave plus eight statutory days, and the option to buy additional or sell holiday days
- Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role
- Access to several flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days)
- Access to a numerous apps which support health, fitness and wellbeing
We have a reputation for promoting a healthy work/life balance. If you want to see more of your children, help care for relatives, or simply get to walk your dog every evening, our flexible working arrangements will support you.
National Grid Electricity Transmission (NGET) is at the heart of energy in the UK. The electricity we provide gets the nation to work, powers schools and brings energy to life. Our energy network connects the nation, so it’s essential that it’s continually evolving, advancing, and improving.
In NGET we are passionate about both operating our network safely and providing highly reliable quality of supply for our customers. At the heart of achieving these outcomes is the effective control and operation of our network.
Please follow the below link to learn more: