Within the next decade our client needs are to deliver multiple large water resources across the UK, with the ambition to create an intelligent network which delivers greater environmental protection and a resilient water future in the UK.
Being effective partners to our clients, we are seeing continued success in what we deliver for them. As such, we have an influx of projects. With this in mind, we’re on the lookout for Project Managers to lead these projects, whether you’re looking for part time roles, senior level Project Management or just starting out – we’re keen to hear from you.
In this role you will be managing multiple projects – anything from studies / investigation, reservoirs, treatment plant designs, network modelling and D&C. You will be undertaking project planning and be responsible for ensuring delivery to profit, timeliness, quality and technical standards to meet both client and Stantec expectations
We know our continuing success and development depends on yours, so we go all the way when it comes to giving you the support / development you need to be the very best. In addition, we cater for a hybrid model of working - a mix of office / home, creating a great work / life balance and flexibility to help you in this hectic life we lead.
If you want to work on exciting and diverse projects that really make a difference to people’s lives – then this role at Stantec could be the one for you!
To be successful in gaining a position within our project management team, you will have completed a relevant degree such as Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or Business Management. You will have gained industry experience in project management and ideally have PRINCE2®, APM PFQ/PMQ/PPQ and or be working toward appropriate qualifications, such as APM ChPP
- The Project Manager, in collaboration with the technical team, will prepare project bids including cost and budgeted profit, time, methodology and quality, present these to our Client and negotiate a contract under our framework agreement.
- Act as a key contact with the Client throughout all stages of the project lifecycle, including pursuits and bids as well as project execution, delivery and closeout.
- Have a full understanding of the contractual obligations and lead the team to deliver what we have promised. The project must meet or exceed Stantec’s budgeted financial performance goals.
- Ensure the project adheres to Stantec Global Project Delivery Framework and all Operational policies and procedures.
- Determine clients’ needs and achieve the results to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Ability to build, maintain and manage strong client relationships. This is key to success on existing work as well as winning more work from clients.
- Co-ordinate resources in liaison with group managers efficiently.
- Have a good knowledge of health and safety requirements and promote health, safety and wellbeing best practice to those directly involved in the project, including subsequent users.
- NEC / Contract Management is desirable as this will be a major part of the role
Stantec is a professional services firm. Our team of 25, 000 global experts provides engineering, architecture, environmental, and project management services across all phases of the project life cycle.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
From large-scale developments to challenging neighbourhood projects, we stretch across our global network to learn from others, offer our support, and gain new experiences along the way. So while we work to help the communities around us thrive, our own people thrive too.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment.
At Stantec we are committed to ensuring our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process then please inform a member of our Talent Acquisition team.