Project Manager – Rail- R-069416
- Are you a proven Project Manager with Rail experience?
- Do you have hands on experience of managing strategic assignments and applying risk management within the Rail industry?
- Are you looking for that next step in your career and to work with a leading Engineering, Design planning and Project Management consulting services company? They also offer one of the UK’s best benefits packages.
If so, please get in touch as this could be a fantastic step forward in your career.
Our client is expanding its Infrastructure Projects division within their group’s portfolio. Providing Project and Construction Management consultancy services the department can also be combined with Overhead Line Electrification, Civil & Structural Engineering, and Permanent Way & Survey design support.
We are seeking an ambitious, focused and determined individual to control a range of Rail Infrastructure projects, ranging from small, medium and large in scale, as well as offering strategic support to Assistant Project Managers and Graduates within the team. The Project Manager will manage the strategic aspects of any applicable assignments and apply principles of risk management in order to mitigate the impact of identified risks.
Ensuring that the key project milestones are mapped out and achieved to meet contractual obligations. They will also keep a tight control on the costs associated to the project, ensuring they are delivered within budget whilst maintaining the integrity of the output quality.
The Project Manager will act on behalf of the client to manage external sub-contractors, ensuring work is undertaken and delivered effectively and productively. They will also be responsible for managing our own internal design resources, ensuring the Clients quality of work is maintained and balanced against the client’s own requirements.
To be considered for the role, you will;
- Be a member of APM or capable of working towards MAPM qualified status.
- Have good experience (5-10 years) within the Rail industry, delivering infrastructure projects.
- Possess strong contract/commercial management experience, particularly related to NEC.
- Have a good understanding of Construction Health & Safety.
- Have an understanding of working within an Engineering Consulting business.
- Reinforce a team approach throughout the practice, both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Hold a valid PTS and CSCS accreditations.
- Holding a Nebosh Construction Certificate would be of benefit.
*Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business*
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme