Cefas is the Government’s Marine Science Agency and the Contract and Programme Support teams play an important role in helping our people ‘Make a Difference’ to our marine environment and the resources that rely upon it. There are many different projects the team support making the work varied and interesting.
This vacancy requires a motivated, proactive and highly organised person with a proven administrative background, who wishes to expand their existing skills and build their knowledge of project support.
We’re looking for someone who is happy to adapt to the changing needs of the business and the team. The successful candidate will be required to work flexibly, providing support to the team in any of our work areas as required.
We welcome flexible working and are open to a hybrid approach of working from home and in an office.
The primary focus of this role is to support internal stakeholders including Portfolio Leads (PLs), Project Managers (PMs) and Business Information Manager (BIM) during the full project lifecycle. Receiving supervision and mentoring as appropriate to ensure the agreed project management methods and standards are implemented throughout the project.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Support in the submission of professional, compliant, high quality quotations and tenders, ensuring all Cefas bid documentation is compiled and approved at the correct stages of the process.
• Organise and support regular project progress meetings and events, including taking actions and notes at key meetings.
• Work with internal stakeholders to review and record project progress, quality, risks, issues, mitigations, opportunities and lessons learned.
• Deputise for PMs at project review/team meetings.
• Manage version control of documentation and archiving as required.
• Advise and assist project team members in the application of project procedures and documentation, including managing version control of documentation.
• Raising purchase orders, invoices and tracking project financial spend.
• Ensure contract variations during the project are formally recorded and the necessary documentation raised in line with Cefas procedures.
• Management of team mailboxes, including resolving queries from internal stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
• Ad-hoc requests including reporting and analysis of customer satisfaction and project financial data.
On the job training will be provided. The post holder will also have the opportunity to undertake Cefas’ existing project management training modules.
The following are essential criteria required for this role and you must be able to demonstrate your skills and experience in the following areas:
• Ability to demonstrate good attention to detail and excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and work under pressure;
• Proven experience of working in an administrative position or having an administrative background;
• Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to intelligently engage with a bid/project team, customer and stakeholders as required; and
• Commercial awareness: understanding what Cefas’ commercial interests are and how best to serve them.
There are no defined qualifications required for this Cefas Payband 4 position but proven experience of working in an administrative position or having an administrative background is essential.