Division: Network Development
Requisition Number: 31627
Job Category: Electricity Transmission - Non-Operations
Job Function: Capital Project Delivery
You’ll play a vital role in supporting our mission and promise to deliver the wider infrastructure needed to make the green energy transition to net-zero a reality. This role is flexible on location within England and Wales and includes travel to offices and sites as required.
National Grid encourages a healthy work-life balance and as such is promoting Hybrid working between offices and home, as well as supporting flexible working patterns. We own the electricity transmission network in England and Wales. Every time you plug in your phone or flick a light switch, we’ve played a part (and so have you!). Not only are we responsible for delivering energy to millions of homes and businesses, but we’re also driving the move to cleaner energy, and the UK’s target of net zero emissions by 2050.
As the Project Development Engineer in Customer Connections, you will be responsible for the connection of a wide range of customer projects onto the electricity transmission system, You’ll be good at interacting with all types of people and can adapt your style effortlessly making an impact at all levels, and be comfortable taking a collaborative approach in working together with stakeholders across the business and our customers throughout the project lifecycle to achieve the required results.
As the investment team lead, you will ensure the development of key pre-construction activities such as the development of our initial contract to connect the customer project, all the way through to tender and contract award for the delivery of the project. You’ll get to see the tangible results of your work and will be able to say, for example, I helped connect that large offshore windfarm and will have the satisfaction of knowing you played your part in helping the world tackle climate change.
What you'll need
You will have an Engineering or Project Management degree and/or relevant engineering/project management experience, in either the development or construction of infrastructure projects in utilities or a similar field. You’ll have strong commercial acumen with demonstrable experience of leading cross functional teams, and an outstanding stakeholder-centric approach to delivering a high-quality output. You will be able to demonstrate contract and risk management skills. You will need a driving licence that permits you to drive in the UK.
What you'll receive
- A competitive salary of £38,150 to £55,049 + Dependant on capability.
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 26 after two years’ service) plus eight statutory days.
- The option to buy additional or sell holiday days.
- Where required for the role, we’ll give you a company car.
- Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%.
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role.
- Access to flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days).
- Access to apps which support health, fitness and wellbeing.
To apply, click "Apply Now" and go through to our website