Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Lambeth to appoint a talented Accommodation Moves Project Manager on a contract basis.
As an Accommodation Moves Project Manager, you will be the accommodation lead for the Future Work Safe Work Smart programme. As directed by the Programme Director, Senior Responsible Officers and Head of Facilities Management, will enable the Future Work Safe, Work Smart programme to identify and deliver modern workplace solutions to enable the Council to adopt new ways of working to achieve transformational outcomes. The role will require the post holder to deal with a range of colleagues at a Senior Level and with Departmental stakeholders, establishing effective partnerships and managing a broad range of operational and strategic relationships. The clienting of professional services and providing guidance to key strategic decision-makers to secure the successful completion of the Future Work Safe, Work Smart accommodation project.
About the role :
• As directed by the Programme Manager the post holder will be responsible will be responsible for the set-up, delivery and management of accommodation deliverables, ensuring these are delivered to the appropriate quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with agreed programme plan and governance arrangements.
• To act as Facilities Management lead for the programme, operationally working with Head of Facilities Management (Safety, Compliance & Special Projects) to deliver the accommodation outcomes of the programme.
• To support the Programme Manager in the development of project plan, including Business cases, procurement reports, project plans and reports to Programme Board and Management Board.
• To lead on the accommodation deliverables associated to the programme working closely with Facilities Management.
• To be directly responsible for the planning, co-ordination and implementation of all office accommodation moves in Core buildings associated to the Future Work Safe, Work Smart programme through the management of internal and external resources as required.
• Ensure that professional services consultants and contractors perform their duties such that the projects are delivered to the appropriate quality, on time and within budget, meeting the necessary design standards through key documentation:
• Client requirements documented and agreed
• Relevant floor plans drafted and client approved
• Implementation and risk plans supplemented where required with other appropriate documentation (eg stakeholder/communication plan)
• Appropriate records including action logs and provide regular updates on progress and any arising issues/suggested solutions
• Be responsible for the accommodation risk and issue management of the programme.
• To develop and lead the accommodation review process including lessons learnt exercise upon project completion. To apply lessons learnt to future accommodation projects.
• To manage the process for space allocation for the Town Hall and Civic Centre buildings associated to the programme, in particular make recommendations to the appropriate decision maker on the viability for the proposed change.
• To manage the procurement of furniture in line with corporate requirements and to develop and update the corporate furniture asset register ensuring all drawings and records are kept up to date.
• To manage and report back to Programme and Management board on the audit of office space including building occupancy and desk utilisation.
• Education to degree level or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of the strategic challenges facing local government
• Knowledge of programme management methodologies, including risk, issue and benefit management
• Coaching and mentoring methodologies and techniques to support senior officers delivering programmes
• Knowledge of the tools and templates which would support programme managers to deliver to time and quality
• Extensive knowledge of local government legislation and policy
• Extensive experience of managing programme office in a public sector organisation
• Extensive experience of working within or developing a professional PMO focusing on continuous improvement
• Successful delivery of organisational change to improve service delivery/ performance within a complex organisation
• Experience of establishing and monitoring effective governance arrangements in a public sector organisation
• Experience of preparing and presenting high quality reports, briefing notes and complex data.
What’s on offer:
• Contract role
• Monday to Friday (36 hours per week)
• £250 to £350 per day (DOE)
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
• Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
• Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
• Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
• Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
• Free DBS checks
• Post Placement Aftercare
• Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.