Our client has over 40 years of experience the construction industry. They specialise in M&E building services across the Nottingham area. They work across Schools and Healthcare sites.
Currently our client is looking to recruit an M&E & Construction Projects Manager to manage their M&E projects in the Midlands, the projects will be valued from £2k up to £2 million.
M&E/Construction Project Manager - The Role purpose:
To manage various major projects across the business on a wide range of client sites. This includes labour control, sub-contractor management and procurement. Project Health & Safety and Financial responsibility.
• Project Operational Management
• Construction, Refurb and Maintenance Projects
• Project Financial Management
• Project Planning and Mobilisation
• Resource allocation (direct and sub-contract)
Integration within the projects team to ensure collaborative working, thus delivering challenges and satisfying customer expectations.
The role involves day to day management working as a part of the wider projects team and business. Reporting directly to the MD.
The role involves developing projects from concept through until delivery as well as pre-designed works and reactive project works.
M&E / Construction Project Manager - Key Deliverables:
• Have the commercial experience and understanding to manage a construction contract
• Have the ability to carry out project valuations/applications, variation management and correct contract knowledge to understand standard construction contract types and processes.
• To have the ability to manage sub-contractors commercially, ensuring sub-contract orders and procurement processes are followed and to meet contractual obligations.
• Day to day management of labour resources and specialist sub-contractors
• Frequently report on project spend against budget and contract reviews.
• Site surveys covering new and existing installations
• Tendering for new works and developing new client relations.
• Health and Safety planning/management including preparation of RAMS and compliance with CDM2015.
• To lead a project, becoming a single point of contact and focus the team throughout delivery.
• Develop and maintain key relationships with clients and stakeholders to ensure consistent service delivery
• To ensure full installation compliance, adherence to best working practices and statutory law
• Procurement of materials and specialist sub-contractors
• To maintain documentation and records which are project specific and to business requirements
• Have a sound knowledge of the M&E industry, particularly Building Services installations, installation drawings and a good technical/problem solving ability
• Have proven Project Management experience
• Able to work alone or within a team to deliver multiple projects and set deadlines
• Work effectively under pressure
• Have proficient knowledge of MS Office inc. Word, Excel and MSProjects.
M&E Project Manager - Desired Skillset:
• C&G or HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Building Services Qualification.
• Health & Safety related qualification - e.g. SMSTS, CSCS, IOSH.
• CAD Experience and understanding of industry engineering techniques.
• Project Management qualification desirable
If you are interested in this M&E Project Manager role please apply with your CV or call Jamie Goodwin on 0121 809 1999 for more information