Have you got experience in developing a large IT project?
Consider the role of IT Project Manager at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for end-to-end management of projects, from inception, through to go-live and hand over to support. Responsibility for planning and overseeing IT projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. They will plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed throughout.
They will also act as a partner with the central IT team and work in collaboration to help progress IT service requests raised across the business.
- Develop, maintain and update project plans/schedules e.g. implementation plans, RAAID documents
- Launch projects in conjunction with the team, to effectively start the process, ensure documentation is completed and effective communication
- Facilitate the definition of project scope/requirements, defining goals and deliverables by working closely with Product Manager/Head of Business Systems/Business Analysts and Project Stakeholders
- Prepare project budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Prepare and present documentation to a range of stakeholders to provide updates on the project
- Lead meetings with project workstream stakeholders and hold them to account for progress against their plans and actions
- Identify and call out emerging risks and potential roadblocks to ensure successful, on time go-live of projects
- Share, train and embed project management best practice and methodology – due to the nature of the work this could be a mixture of Waterfall and Agile projects therefore PRINCE2 Agile knowledge and/or qualifications are desired
- Work with the central IT team to help progress IT service requests from across the business
- Maintain and update the Project governance framework and associated template documents
- Good experience and knowledge of project management principles (e.g. PRINCE2, Agile) and governance, including planning, stakeholder management, communication and risk and issue management
- Certification and accreditation from industry standard professional body in project management
- Experience of working as part of a project team in a business and IT change environment
- Proven track record of delivering medium – large scale IT projects on time and budget
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel; and intermediate knowledge of other Office packages
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Some experience of working with third party IT companies/suppliers
- Experienced customer and business service focus and attention to detail, with demonstrable experience in business engagement and stakeholder management
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle and release processes
- Experience of using Jira
- Experience of eliciting software requirements
- Understanding of the UK Welfare to Work Sector and/or Preventative Health agenda
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme