Scantec are supporting one of the UK leaders in the nuclear power industry. They are consequently seeking Project Managers to build upon further growth and success, through supporting the delivery of a large multi-year defence programme.
Candidates starting at a Project Manager level will be expected to lead on one of several of these projects and work packages, of varied complexity, scope and cost. The Senior Project Manager will primarily be assigned to a high value £50m contract, overseeing the bid work, integration and transition to delivery management.
The roles are fully remote, but the candidate should be within a couple of hours drive of Cumbria due to the level of customer and client engagement anticipated.
The successful Project Manager will be held accountable for both management activities as well as delivery commitments.
- Maximise performance against internal and customer KPIs
- Engagement and management of a competent, effective and integrated project team
- Inputting into the bid/sales process as required and assisting with fee proposals
- Demonstrate strong leadership through coaching and supporting other team members
- Management of client satisfaction
- Delivery of projects in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives
- Ensure all work is delivered within approved project baseline, scope, schedule and quality constraints
Key skills and experience
- Project Management professional qualification (e.g. APMP, Diploma APMP, IPMA Level D) or working towards
- Suitable level of experience in a Project Management / delivery role (ideally as a Project Manager) working within the nuclear industry
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading and delivering small-medium scale / reasonably complex projects
- Experience of using typical project management tools, processes and software
- Eligibility to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.