Our reward package
We're looking for an exceptional Benefits Manager (Level 4) based in Exeter HQ.
Our PMO Benefits Manager will work a hybrid pattern of homeworking and in Exeter HQ
As our Benefits Manager (Level 4), your starting salary will be £45150.00 and you will have opportunities to progress to £49890.00 over time. New joiners to the Met Office will start on the salary band minima.
Your total reward package is potentially worth up to £62165.00 annually, which includes basic salary, potential corporate bonus and employer pension contributions.
Your package includes:
- Outstanding Civil Service Pension
- Flexible hours and homeworking
- Annual Leave starting at 27.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 32.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) after 5 years and option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year of annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Access to discounted shopping on a range of retail, leisure and lifestyle categories
Who we are
We provide critical weather services and world-leading climate science, to help people make better decisions to stay safe and thrive.
- We're a force for good - focusing on our environmental and social impact
- We're experts by nature - always learning and developing to do things better
- We live and breathe it - putting our purpose at the heart of decision-making
- We're better together - understanding partnerships and inclusivity make us greater
- We keep evolving - pushing boundaries to make tomorrow better for our customers
Find out more about our values - https://bit.ly/3fokaRD
As our Benefits Manager (Level 4), the key duties are:
- Develop and implement a fit-for-purpose framework for benefits management using corporate guidance and practices
- Develop a clear vision for Met Office benefits management and champion the use of best practice benefits management standards, tools and processes
- Provide support and advice to project and programme managers in developing business case benefits
- Develop specific programme and project benefits management strategies working closely with stakeholders
- Provide a framework for the establishment and maintenance of benefits realisation plans and support projects and programmes to track and report benefits
- Work with the Enterprise Portfolio Office and other stakeholders to provide consistent expert advice including facilitation of workshops, creation of benefits maps and benefits reviews
Essential Qualifications, Skills & AbilitiesExcellent understanding and demonstrable proactive management of benefits.Experience of establishing the systems and capabilities required to apply consistent mapping of benefits.Experience of maintaining and using benefits artefacts (eg benefits profiles, benefits realisation plans) to embed a culture of benefits management practices across a complex programme.Ability to "drive for delivery" through excellent communication skills that emphasise both clarity and engagement and show a proven ability to work well as a member of a team.Adept at presenting insights and trends in a variety of formats and levels of detail enabling effective decision making across the organisation. Excellent planning and organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to prioritise and manage simultaneous tasks whilst ensuring clear analytical and problem-solving skills
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & AbilitiesManagement of Value or Benefits qualification or equivalent experience: APM Practitioner (PMQ) Qualification, APMG Managing Benefits Practitioner or other equivalent qualificationExperience of working in Agile, hybrid, and waterfall project/programme delivery environments, with varying levels of maturity.
How to apply
If you share our values, we'd love to hear from you. Apply below using your CV and Cover Letter/Supporting Statement (which must bullet point how you meet each of the essential criteria).
Closing date 19/06/2022 at 23:59 with interviews commencing from 27/06/2022 . You will hear from us once the closing date has passed. Our interviews are taking place remotely via Microsoft Teams.
If successful, please note we are unable to offer expenses for travel to your normal place of work. Please ask at interview if you would like extra clarity on how often this requirement is likely to be.
How we can help:
If you are considering applying and need assistance to do so, please contact us via . You can request adjustments either within your application or by contacting us. Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity.
You can select in your application to be considered under the Disability Confident (Guaranteed Interview) Scheme. To be invited to interview/assessment under this scheme, your application must meet the essential criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from those with all protected characteristics. We recruit on merit, fairness, and open competition in line with the Civil Service Code.