Junior Project Manager
Salary: Up to £34,000 (depending on relevant knowledge, skills, and experience).
Location: Hybrid/London, EC2R 7AF and 2 days working from home
Contract: Full time, permanent.
SAUL Trustee Company (STC) provides administration services for the Superannuation Arrangements of the University of London (SAUL) - a pension scheme with over 55,000 members across 49 employers in the higher education sector.
Junior Project Manager - About the role
The role of the Junior Project Manager is to provide project management support to specific projects as identified by the Chief Operating Officer and Programme Manager, ensuring that all projects have appropriate documentation (including project mandate, budget and business case), risk management, a control framework and effective reporting processes. This includes liaison with the Programme Manager and the Project Sponsor to estimate resource requirements and negotiate with the Programme Board to secure the resources. The role also includes the co-ordination of the efforts of project team members, third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the projects to plan, cost, scope (as agreed from time to time) and quality.
* Create a project directory to store project documents and ensure that project teams have access to directory and the correct versions of all documentation.
* Liaise with the Programme Manager to construct and seek Programme Board agreement to a project budget.
* Undertake any appropriate ad hoc tasks as may be required from time to time.
* Ensure project planning processes are in place and appropriate work-streams.
* Allocate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel and, where required, seek input from the Programme Manager to negotiate with the Programme board for the additional resources.
* Work with the Programme Manager to manage project spend - actual against budget and forecast - and flag changes to scope, time, quality or costs as far in in advance of overspend as is possible.
* Draft the project documentation required for good governance, including project plans and progress reports, in liaison with the Programme Manager, having regard to previous AAR reports to ensure the learnings from other projects are taken into account.
* Track and report on actual resource usage across the project and work with work-stream leads on resource projections when forecasting. Report changes to resource requirements to the Project Sponsor.
* Monitor progress against the plan, report deviations and agree corrective action with the Programme Manager and Project Sponsor.
What we need from you:
* Essential project management knowledge. And studying towards, or desire to, a Project Management qualification e.g., Prince 2, Agile.
* Essential at least 2 years' experience of working in a project environment (e.g., with a project delivery team)
* Experience of leading, managing, or co-ordinating small projects or work packages
* Logical approach to planning and monitoring task progress
* Ability to take responsibility for the quality of your own work, using initiative to achieve required results.
* Excellent planning and organising skills.
* To be able to work in a team.
* To have a positive attitude to change.
What we offer in return:
* A salary up to £34,000 (depending on relevant knowledge, skills, and experience)
* The option to work two days from home. And a pleasant working environment in our offices in central London
* Flexi time with the ability to generate additional leave
* 26 days holiday entitlement, includes Christmas closure
* Company funded staff events, in the summer and at Christmas
* A defined benefit pension scheme
* Casual dress code
* Season ticket loan (on completion of probation)
* Private Medical Insurance
* Friendly and supportive company culture
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!