Brand New Opportunity within a Leading Organisation!
Your new company
The Supported Living Service supports a range of people within their own homes in Inverclyde. It is a busy vibrant service offering support across a range of adults with learning and physical disability. The service supports people to meet best outcomes in their lives taking part in their local communities and working with families and other care professionals to ensure that they remain centre of their care. Supported by management team and large team of support staff, as manager you will co-ordinate and encourage creativity and participation across service delivery for tenants and colleagues.
Your new role
Services delivered are mainly within set geographical areas, but can be widely dispersed. Sometimes there is more than one office base. Managers generally work within a single local authority area but occasionally may work across more than one local authority. Sometimes a Project Manager may manage both Registered Care home and Housing Support/Care at Home services.
Key Objectives and Accountabilities:
- Recruit, lead and effectively manage a staff team delivering care and support to the people we support, ensuring individuals are at the centre of planning the support they receive and that they achieve their personal outcomes.
- Prepare, monitor and report on project budgets, ensuring budgets are adhered to in order to deliver personal outcomes within designated individual budgets as allocated to the people we support by their funding local authorities
- Ensure service delivery meets all organisation and regulatory body standards and policies at a minimum. Monitor staff compliance by SSSC Code of Conduct and the organisations standards and policies, and ensuring corrective disciplinary procedures are used as required.
- Work in partnership with the organisations Learning & Talent Development Department in promoting the continuous professional development of the staff team, and ensuring the regulatory requirements for qualifications are met.
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations are met, and adhere to all requirements as informed by the organisations Health and Wellbeing Department.
- Provide reports as and when required on all aspects of project management including budgets, recruitment planning, absence management, performance measurement, staff salaries, and payment of invoices by people we support.
- Develop an annual operational plan in line with the organisation service plan, setting clear objectives and timescales, and ensuring that service provision is flexible and responsive to changing needs.
- Model effective leadership behaviours and challenge constructively any attitudes that detract from organisation strategic goals. Ensure effective communication at all levels is constricted in a positive and enabling manner.
- Ensure all staff have a clear understanding of Adult Support and Protection guidelines and adhere to them accordingly. Ensure active management of concerns and complaints.
- Represent the organisation professionally in all internal and external interactions with a view to extending the mission of the organisation.
- You are required to participate in the out of hours on call system when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional qualification in social care or related field (e.g. health) to minimum equivalent of SVQIV.
- Registered Managers Award or capacity to achieve this.
- Managerial experience including staff management and development.
- Budget management.
- Practitioner background in residential or community based service delivery that is person centred and outcome focused.
- IT skills essential.
What you'll get in return
Our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and excellent learning and development opportunities. We are a SVQ accredited centre. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers exciting careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People's lives.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.