This is an outstanding opportunity for an innovative individual with experience as a Project Manager to join our HR Workforce Programme Management Office. With a strong track record in implementing Business Change projects, you’ll lead the delivery of various projects as part our People Transformation Programme.
We’re the largest Acute Trust in England, in addition to working within the HR Workforce PMO you’ll work directly with our Heads of Service, and with keys teams across Trust, lead on key projects and help shape and develop the monitoring and reporting mechanisms needed to make sure we’re successfully delivering against the overall plans.
What’s more you’ll provide expert advice across the HR Workforce teams in project management approaches, best practice & the practical the application of same. Finding creative ways to improve colleague engagement, you’ll build credible relationships, whilst developing communications plans to showcase & evidence successful delivery of key initiatives.
It’s about bringing everyone across MFT together to build a culture rooted in responsibility, accountability, performance and service improvement. In turn, your work will help us improve and boost support for our workforce. What’s more, you’ll be putting your career on an exciting trajectory.
Let us tell you more about what the job involves & why this could be your next and best career move if you have the right skills, experience & attitude to meet the needs and demands of the role.
Main duties of the job
- You’ll lead discrete projects commissioned by the Workforce Programme Management Office.
- Supporting the Programme / Project Leads, you’ll provide the necessary project tools, systems and skills required to meet the long-term performance requirements for the delivery of strategic programmes and projects.
- You’ll ensure that the programme maintains business focus and project deliverables are actively managed, including risks, issues, and dependencies, in alignment with the achievement of the Trust’s strategic objectives.
- What’s more, you’ll plan, support, facilitate and monitor progress over short, medium- and long-term timeframes against agreed objectives ensuring changing requirements are met.
- You’ll communicate to and influence project boards and staff of the importance of complex workforce projects, and the value of Programme Governance whilst negotiating with and motivating key stakeholders on all stages of project delivery.
- It goes without saying you’ll have accountability and contribute to effective governance of work programmes including quality assurance and effective business planning. This includes working closely with colleagues to track progress of the work programmes, ensuring actions are progressed, interdependencies are clear and highlighting key areas of risk.
- Finally, you’ll represent the Workforce Programme Management Office in key meetings and forums with internal and external stakeholders.
Working for our organisation
MFT is England’s largest NHS Trust with a turnover of £2.4bn and is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We’re creating the most exceptional integrated health and social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals and community services from across Manchester, Trafford and beyond, we champion collaborative working and transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you’ll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We’re proud to be one of the major academic research centres and education providers in England and Research and Innovation is the heart of all we do, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. We’re also excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable and tackling climate change.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.
Join us and you’ll work with some of the best people in the NHS, thriving in a Trust united in its values, purpose and commitment to our patients and a drive for continual innovation and improvement.
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 26 June 2022.
To apply please click "Apply Now" and go through to our website
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!