AECOM is looking for an Engineering Manager, Projects to support the delivery of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & Lighting (MEP+L) scope associated with the Client’s new construction and tenant improvement projects. The Client’s portfolio includes a combination of owned and leased commercial properties located globally. This role works alongside the Client’s team of project managers and external project teams to advise on and direct scope associated with MEP+L, Commissioning, Sustainability, and Smart Building programs and initiatives in order to deliver sustainable and innovative workplaces.
The position is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with 3-7 years of experience in the commercial buildings industry who is prepared to move to the next level of their career and build their knowledge base on exciting international projects. The Engineering Manager, Projects is accountable for MEP+L, Commissioning, and Master System Integrator (MSI) scopes of work and is involved in site selection, technical due diligence, vendor selection, design reviews, construction, and project handover.
• Provide technical input during the site selection, technical due diligence, and programming phases of new capital projects globally (new construction and tenant improvement).
• Utilize RFP templates and participate in interviews to support the selection of MEP Engineers, Commissioning Agents, Sustainability Consultants, and Master System Integrators by external project teams.
• Set expectations with project design and construction teams using the Client’s Owners Project Requirements (OPR), issue the Client’s MEP+L & Cx Guidelines and manage RFIs to ensure that the guidelines are followed throughout the project.
• Manage the interface between MEP project scope and the Client’s sustainability objectives, including LEED, WELL, ILFI, and Zero Waste certification credits that impact MEP+L design, construction, or operations.
• Review MEP+L basis of design documents (BOD), design drawings, specifications, submittals, coordination drawings, and other project documentation to ensure that guidelines are followed throughout the project.
• Review scopes of work, proposals, change orders, schedules, and other project documentation to ensure that external project teams are meeting the approved scope, schedule, and budget.
• Engage directly with the project Commissioning Agent throughout the project to ensure that project outcomes & performance targets are achieved across design, construction, and operations.
• Collaborate with Workplace Operations management on an as-needed basis to support effective delivery of space and services and respond to operational issues associated with MEP, BMS, CMMS, and FDD systems. Provide recommendations to improve reliability, reduce energy & water consumption, or improve global scalability of software solutions.
• Share feedback from projects to support revisions to the Client’s MEP+L & Cx Guidelines, Owners Project Requirements, and other internal guidelines and standards.
• Share feedback from projects to support initiatives related to energy & carbon management, water management, indoor environmental quality (IEQ), computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), fault detection & diagnostics (FDD), predictive maintenance, operational technology (OT) networks (such as BMS networks and converged networks) and improving employee experience in the workplace.
• Proactively identify and recommend initiatives that improve service, reduce costs, improve quality, reduce risks, or affect the effectiveness of the workplace.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or comparable experience.
• Experience with one or several of: building systems commissioning, energy engineering, energy audits & retro-commissioning, LEED & WELL certified projects.
• Strong knowledge of commercial building HVAC systems, how their components work and interact, and how they are automated, controlled, monitored, and measured.
• Experience or familiarity with the project delivery process: how commercial core & shell or tenant improvement projects are designed, constructed, and managed
• Demonstrated ability to read blueprints for MEP+L disciplines
• Must be motivated to continuously explore innovative ideas to enhance programs and projects
• PE, LEED, ILFI, WELL, Fitwel or Zero Waste licenses/accreditations are not necessary but are a plus
• Experience working on international projects (outside the US) is not necessary but is a plus
• Experience with operational technology networks (BMS networks, converged networks) is not necessary but is a plus
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.