This role will typically involve the following tasks:
- The use of proprietary design software packages including, for example, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroDrainage, StormCAD and INFOWorks;
- Design opportunities in areas like Road Signage, VRS, utilities; Pavement, Cycleways, etc.;
- Drafting of design drawings and models (2D, 3D and BIM);
- Specification of geotechnical investigations;
- Preparation of Specifications, Bills of Quantities, Contract Documents;
- Report writing;
- Site inspections;
- Coordinating and reviewing project-related correspondence and incoming data, reports and drawings;
- Preparing schedules and cost estimates;
- Other ad-hoc duties.
The following criteria are required for this role;
- Hold a Level 8 degree in civil engineering;
- Strong analytical skills and good first principles knowledge of roads/alignment/drainage design. Geotechnical Design/knowledge is desired but not essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to integrate into an existing engineering team and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines;
- Demonstrable report writing and computer skills;
- Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis techniques in Microsoft Excel is essential;
- Previous work experience in a design role.
- Be in the process of working toward Chartership
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Engineer to join our expanding Roads design team to meet current and future workload.
We would like to commence discussions with interested, suitable candidates who will be given the opportunity to work on Roads based projects in addition to providing design support on large multidiscipline projects. The role will provide a range of challenging, dynamic and high-profile projects.
We can offer:
- Flexible working;
- Pension matched up to 7% of base salary;
- Competitive annual leave;
- An annual professional institution subscription;
- Life insurance;
- Income continuance;
- Enhanced paternity leave;
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance;
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to work and travel tickets;
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development;
- Mentoring and support for career development and progression.
Mott MacDonald in Ireland is accredited with Engineers Ireland
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence