We're looking for an exceptional Project Planner to help us make a difference to our planet. Our Project Planner will work a hybrid pattern of homeworking and in Exeter HQ.
We provide critical weather services and world-leading climate science to deliver extraordinary impact and benefit across the globe. Our work helps people make better decisions to stay safe and thrive.
As our Project Planner , your starting salary will be £45150.00 and you will have opportunities to progress to £49890.00 over time. New joiners to the Met Office will start on the salary band minima.
Your total reward package is potentially worth up to £59704.00 annually, which includes basic salary, potential corporate bonus and employer pension contributions.
Your package includes:
- Outstanding Civil Service Pension
- Flexible hours and homeworking
- Annual Leave starting at 27.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 32.5 days (plus Bank Holidays) after 5 years and option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year of annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme for the purchase of a bicycle and equipment for healthy, low carbon travel
- Access to discounted shopping on a range of retail, leisure and lifestyle categories
Who we are
We provide critical weather services and world-leading climate science, to help people make better decisions to stay safe and thrive.
- We're a force for good - focusing on our environmental and social impact
- We're experts by nature - always learning and developing to do things better
- We live and breathe it - putting our purpose at the heart of decision-making
- We're better together - understanding partnerships and inclusivity make us greater
- We keep evolving - pushing boundaries to make tomorrow better for our customers
As our Project Planner , the key duties are:
- Provide visible and effective leadership, developing clear vision and standards and championing the use of best practice project planning standards, tools and processes.
- Identify and lead the introduction of best practice planning processes, tools and templates, using industry standard best practice as a benchmark. Build planning capability.
- Manage dependencies across the portfolio of work.
- Provide specialist advice and support to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Project/Programme Manager throughout the lifecycle on planning approach, tools, processes and proportionality.
- Analyse performance data, looking at trends to identify areas for improvement and collaboration, and selecting appropriate methods and tools to resolve them.
- Build and maintain external networks to access technical and professional best practice.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & AbilitiesSubstantial experience of leading planning for progressively larger and more complex projects and programmes, and supporting the production of associated artefacts such as (but not limited to) scoping statements, WBS, RAMs etc. Excellent knowledge and demonstrable experience of creating integrated master schedules across multiple projects and programmes in a portfolio.Experience of identifying and managing pan-programme dependencies. Ability to drive best practice through excellent communication skills that emphasise both clarity and engagement and show a proven ability to work well as a member of a team.Adept at presenting insights and trends in a variety of formats and levels of detail to suit different audience requirements. Ability to identify future capacity and capability needs of the planning function and experience implementing strategies to meet them.Substantial experience of using project schedule tools, preferably MS project as well as other MS tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI and SharePoint.
How to apply
If you share our values, we'd love to hear from you. Apply below using your CV and Cover Letter/Supporting Statement (which must bullet point how you meet each of the essential criteria).
Closing date 26/06/2022 at 23:59 with interviews commencing from 04/07/2022 . You will hear from us once the closing date has passed. Our interviews are taking place remotely via Microsoft Teams.