Xylotek is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team in delivering advanced timber structures.
We are a growing UK-based international company seeking to expand our capacity to deliver exceptional structures in wood. By combining unique depth of knowledge of timber construction with advanced technical and design expertise, we offer bespoke specialist consultancy, production and installation services at all project stages from conception to built realisation.
Working with clients, architects and engineers at the highest level, Xylotek connects digital design and fabrication techniques with capability in practical delivery, driven by a passionate understanding of the complexities of wood and its potential to improve the built environment.
Who we seek:
We are seeking skilled Senior Project Managers with 3-5 years experience, delivering complex construction projects (through all RIBA stages) with experience of managing large project teams with multiple disciplines (timber experience desired). You will need a firm understanding of the RIBA plan of works 2021 and practical application of construction contracts namely JCT and NEC 3 (NEC 4 desired). Plus a suitable Project Management qualification or membership to a recognised project professional body (i.e APM, RICS etc)
The role will entail:
· To manage the project teams, the materials, equipment and logistics in line with the Company Values and Vision; year plan and budget.
· To facilitate the smooth running of projects through robust project management.
· To ensure that the client is provided with an excellent experience.
· Line Management responsibilities
Summary of role requirements:
· a passion for high-quality design and construction
· commercial skills in the delivery of projects and dealing with clients and their agents
· excellent organisational and communication skills
· use of Excel, spreadsheets, and programmes/Gantt charts etc
· fluent English written and spoken
· desirable - 2D and 3D CAD
· desirable - a thorough understanding of timber and its possibilities
· desirable – Revit, Photoshop, InDesign
· desirable – timber CAD/CAM software eg. cadwork or hsbcad
· desirable – second European language
Xylotek is an equal opportunities employer. Strictly no agencies.