As a Barclays Project Manager, you will be joining the Barclays International Portfolio and Planning team, responsible for the ongoing management of our Change Portfolio. Working as a Project Manager you will be able to collaborate with a variety of different stakeholders building robust relationships both internally and externally. This is a great opportunity for you if you are looking to progress your role in project management to understand requirements and ultimately ensure high quality transformational change across the Bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Organizing and scheduling project team activities
• Gathering business, system and functional requirements
• Owning and managing the project plan, with solid co-ordination of overall project documentation between teams
• Building good relationships with stakeholders, ensuring you understand the impact on them
• Defining problems and needs, and using your knowledge to provide creative and innovative solutions
• Resolving project conflicts through clear collaboration with affected parties
• Updating and monitoring the budget tracking sheet and keeping track of forecast vs actuals
• Ensuring all objectives conform to the line of business’s overall standards, operations objectives, user requirements and client’s needs
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience as a Project Manager or Business Analyst
• Experience in a corporate environment, financial services experience
• Project / Program Management experience in technology systems delivery – preferably agile / waterfall
• Experience of the full project life cycle
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Process oriented with substantial organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple requirements at one time
• Demonstrated ability in budget tracking and analysis
• Previous experience in management partners/ vendors
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.