As Project Manager, you'll provide leadership and management for the teams within the department ensuring they contribute to the overall success of the department and the company. You'll use your leadership, organisational, diagnostic and problem-solving skills and will need to be an effective communicator at all levels.
Typical responsibilities associated with this role will include:
- Responsibility for a portfolio of connections-based projects to ensure new connections works are delivered safely, to target cost, time and the customers satisfaction.
- Responsibility to check and ensure the project managers comply with all licence and regulatory obligations. Identifying and raising areas of concern through the senior management chain.
- Accountability to drive profitability and opportunity through excellent customer service and commercial awareness. Identifying areas of improvement and working collaboratively with the larger connections team.
- Set and drive performance targets managed through KPIs.
- Manage Service Level Agreements with internal service providers, manage competing demands and escalations.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we would love you to have;
- An HNC or professional qualification applicable to Power Networks Distribution (or equivalent business experience).
- Sufficient Technical knowledge to comply with Design Authority approval of projects.
- IOSH / CDM qualification (or equivalent business experience) to enable correct application of Safe Working Management Procedures.
- Sound understanding of the regulatory framework relating to the Networks business.
- Prince 2 practitioner level qualification or working towards qualification (or relevant business experience) for Project / Portfolio Management.
Please note to be considered for this role you are required to hold a full current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.