Local Authority, competitive senior day rate, remote work, part time, 6 months contract, East Midlands
Your new company
The local authority operates one of the largest district heating/private wire (electricity) networks in the country serving some 5,000 domestic and 70 commercial customers.
Your new role
A local authority in the East Midlands is looking to appoint an experienced negotiator preferably with knowledge of the waste, district heating and electricity markets to support its ongoing strategic review of its district heating and waste management services.
The appointment is on a temporary basis and expected to last no more than 6 months. The time commitment will vary depending upon the programme of work but is expected to be no less than 2 days per week. The successful candidate will form part of a dedicated team reporting to the Director of Carbon Reduction Energy and Sustainability. They will be expected to work flexibly to meet strict deadlines and be ready to start from 1st July 2022.
Your new responsibilities
The successful candidate will initially be expected to lead and be responsible for the delivery of the following work streams as part of the options appraisal and strategic review:
- Identifying the future capital investment needs of the option to upgrade the Council's district heating assets and the development of suitable business cases to secure such investment;
- Securing the long-term waste disposal and energy security requirements of the Council through development and delivery of appropriate commissioning and procurement activities identified by the strategic options appraisal.
- Reviewing and advising on potential improvements to customer services and operations
- Advising on statutory compliance with energy market reform and regulation in relation to current and proposed activity
- Supporting the project team in securing requisite NCC internal approvals
Flexible working options available.
Competitive senior day rate (Negotiable)
Remote working with some on site days
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.