Redefine your personal best.
Across the entire business we’re building on top of what’s already been a highly successful 2 years. With us being in the middle of AMP 7, our growth strategy within our Water division for the rest of 2022 and beyond is exciting – certainly, a great time to join.
You will be partnering with the top Water clients in the UK to help develop a better way of how we obtain, clean, and distribute water for our local communities. Projects / clients include the following;
- Thames Water – Stantec have managed all HS2 design assurance for Thames Water, London Infrastructure design & build contract, and multiple engineering studies and assessments for Thames Water across both Infrastructure & non-Infrastructure deliver streams (Thames Water London Plan 2100 (stantec.com)
- High Speed Rail Phase 2B (HS2) - Our team is partnering with Bechtel in their role as delivery partner for the HS2 Phase 2B Hybrid Bill, under an 8-year contract. Our job? Supporting the management of a team of over 100 professional staff, located at HS2’s Snow Hill office in Birmingham (Delivering High Speed Rail Phase 2B (stantec.com)
- Southern Water – Stantec is a Strategic Solutions Partner to Southern Water and are working together on an iconic water project – Water for Life Hampshire (Water for Life – Hampshire (southernwater.co.uk)
- Severn Trent Water – Stantec have a well-established framework supporting Severn Trent with their AMP7 major schemes and supporting with PR24.
- Wessex Water & South West Water– Stantec has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks.
In this role you will be given the opportunity to work alongside our technical teams and will be involved in the preparation of project bids and project planning, as well as building close relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will be assisting in the delivery of projects from inception to completion and will ensure that they are delivered on time, to budget and of a high quality.
We know our continuing success and development depends on yours, so we go all the way when it comes to giving you the support you need to be the very best. All of our Project Managers will be automatically enrolled in the PM Boot Camp which is a corporate wide training programme covering important aspects of Project Management – we even cater for those looking to gain your Project Management Qualification (PMQ) and also we will support you with gaining your chartership.
We work on a hybrid model – having a balance of working from home and working in one of our many offices across the UK (including soon to be opening Exeter office) - Offices (stantec.com). The Project Management Team is supportive, friendly, and professional – you will feel welcome from the moment you step foot in the door.
To be successful in gaining a position within our project management team, you will be degree qualified within Engineering, Project Management or other associated fields.
Ideally you will have gained industry experience in project management and be working toward appropriate qualifications, such as APMQ.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, flexible and reliable
- Good problem solving and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Strong client service focus
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages
An interesting, varied project management career awaits. Below is a link of career story from one of the team and examples of some of the great projects we have delivered - My Stantec Story: Pauline Hann
Stantec is a professional services firm. Our team of 25, 000 global experts provides engineering, architecture, environmental, and project management services across all phases of the project life cycle. We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
From large-scale developments to challenging neighbourhood projects, we stretch across our global network to learn from others, offer our support, and gain new experiences along the way. So while we work to help the communities around us thrive, our own people thrive too.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment.
At Stantec we are committed to ensuring our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process then please inform a member of our Talent Acquisition team.