How you'll make a difference
An amazing opportunity to join our Transformation Team as a Business Change Manager, working on key strategic projects to support the council on a number of initiatives. It is an exciting and challenging time to join us at South Gloucestershire Council, where our communities and partnerships can make an impact on the future of the region this also being a current focus and priority in our Council Plan.
As the senior corporate business change practitioner, it will be your responsibility to undertake more complex business process analysis, design and re-engineering work in order to improve the customer experience and deliver efficiencies and corresponding savings. As the professional lead you will be offering advice and guidance on business analysis across the organisation, responsible for the co-ordination and planning of the corporate business analysis resources. corporate standards and agreeing the best way forward for the organisation, influencing people to positive outcomes.
What will you be doing?
- As an experienced business analyst, you will use a flexible approach to develop, lead, manage and implement a range of complex and innovative projects across the council ensuring value for money services and applying your knowledge, skills and expertise to make recommendations and deliver effective solutions.
Working within an environment of changing priorities and circumstances, you will deal with day-to-day problems and issues that are encountered to ensure the successful completion of complex business analysis to support key strategic projects. This will involve producing documentation such as process maps, system/service improvement reports and working within tight deadlines, needing to understand complex issues, managing competing demands and making sound decisions to enable practical and sensible solutions to be achieved.
You will be expected to develop good working relationships with project teams and be able manage differing expectations and perspectives in a way that meets both individual and wider corporate needs, challenging different approaches and views and be able to convince others of the way forward and the need to adopt new and consistent practices.
- In the role you will provide sound expertise, advice and information to a range of customers, councillors, senior managers and departments throughout the Council and research and analyse opportunities for innovation and to establish new efficient and effective ways of working ensuring that council activity is lawful.
What we need from you
- It is essential that you hold a relevant professional qualification, degree or equivalent specialist qualification.
- Using your substantial operational and management experience, you will have a detailed technical knowledge and have considerable experience of business analysis, ideally in a large complex organisation within a related field.
- You must have experience of change management and have a commercial awareness, alongside the ability to apply strategic awareness, negotiating and influencing to solve problems and decision making .
- It is essential that you can use your initiative to maintain relevant, current knowledge of trends, approaches and methodologies and have a thorough knowledge of research, development and evaluation techniques.
- You will demonstrate your experience in project managing and project delivery, an understanding of complex data and the ability to communicate this effectively at all levels, including public and stakeholder engagement and risk management.
- To be successful in the role you must be able to think strategically, innovate, problem-solve, adapt and bring creativity into project delivery, as the key to the success in this is positive collaboration and communication with colleagues from across the organisation, including senior officers and elected members, and stakeholders.
- It is essential that you can demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice and demonstrate knowledge of research, development and evaluation techniques and use your initiative to maintain relevant, current knowledge of trends, approaches and methodologies.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
- We know our teams work best when they have balance in their lives, and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance.
- We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
We have invested in the technology and support to enable staff to work seamlessly from home so we can ensure we are keeping staff safe during Covid-19. For those staff who may need to work in the office we have also ensured that our offices and hubs are COVID-19 secure; and have measures in place such as one-way systems, socially distanced workstations and hand sanitizer stations throughout our premises.
As part of our benefits package you will receive generous annual leave (pro rata), employee wellbeing support and you will have access to a range of staff discounts, including eye tests, travel, shopping and leisure activities
We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work, and learn here.
- We're building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We're working with the most vulnerable in our community to help them achieve what they want in life
- We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
Interview will be Wednesday 27th July 2022.
For further information, please contact Sue Covello, Transformation & Efficiency Manager (email@example.com or 01454 864703)