The Assistant Project Manager is a key role sitting at the heart of our Major Projects and Programme delivery activities.
You will be involved from initial planning through to implementation, construction and delivery. You’ll be responsible for delivering some of our low to medium risk projects and will also work with senior colleagues gaining experience of major Projects and Packages of work. Everything you do will bring you the daily reward of knowing that you are helping to save lives, protect homes and businesses and create a better place for people and wildlife.
You will work collaboratively with many varied stakeholders including EA colleagues, delivery partners and advisory bodies to drive delivery, ensuring our environment is resilient and can adapt to the ongoing challenges it faces from climate change.
You will demonstrate a broad knowledge-base in project and programme management principles. Our project managers tackle a wide range of projects and we welcome applications from people with different industry experiences as you will all bring something unique and exciting to the table.
Alongside a degree in a relevant field, you’ll have experience in both contract and project management. You’ll hold or be willing to work towards PRINCE2 Foundation status or equivalent project management qualification and will be committed to personal development. You’ll be a first-class communicator, used to delivering desired outcomes on time and to budget, by being a champion of environmental safety and practice.
- Experience of finance and budgets, reporting and financial control of expenditure
- Managing contracts with suppliers including performance monitoring and change management, ideally utilising NEC suite of contracts.
- CDM qualifications and knowledge and taking on responsibility as Client under CDM regs.
- Strong commitment and experience of health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- Appointment of suppliers within a framework environment, awareness of costs and value
- Working in a collaborative environment with partners and suppliers, demonstrating positive attitudes and approaches to delivery.
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 9 August 2022.