Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a "Project manager" to for a police force in West Mercia. Please see below for more information.
Title: Project Manager
To manage projects, from initial concept to implementation, so they deliver the required outputs within budgetary and time constraints, and thereby achieve the outcomes and benefits required. To apply project management discipline and processes, including responsibility for project stakeholder engagement.
- To compile business cases (in collaboration with senior stakeholders), including whole life costing analysis, ensuring briefs and feasibility proposals are developed in accordance with project aims and objectives, and Project Management Office standards.
- To responsibly manage project within budget, and project/programme parameters, being responsible for decisions on changes and subsequent alterations to the financial structure within project parameters.
- To identify and plan resource requirements both internal and external of the organisation.
- To manage, co-ordinate and direct resources assigned to projects on a day to day basis to deliver the projects objectives.
- To produce project specific programmes of work, continually monitor and update for reporting purposes, undertaking performance assessments and addressing issues and using corrective actions as necessary.
- To ensure benefits management is an integral part of a project from the outset, and that benefits are identified, planned and measured.
- To regularly report upon project progress to key stakeholders (programme manager, business leads etc), ensuring that issues are raised in a timely manner. Project Manager July 2019 2
- To plan and initiate post implementation reviews, ensuring organisation learning is maintained for future continuous improvement and identify relevant training needs.
- To be responsible for stakeholder engagement and actively engage all key stakeholders in the delivery of projects, ensuring compliance with Home Office and other statutory guidance.
Knowledge: PRINCE2 Foundation level or equivalent project management methodology qualification.
- Possess or studying for PRINCE2 (or equivalent) Practitioner qualification or at least two years of experience in a project manager role.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of undertaking project management of projects of significant value.
- Proven ability of running multiple projects, co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams and achieving projects delivery within programme and budget.
- Experience of managing teams of professional staff.
- Significant, proven and demonstrable experience of whole project lifecycle, including implementation, in a complex environment.
- Demonstrate experience of budgetary management
- Ability to interpret and extract information from a variety of sources, and create well presented, accurate, concise documentation, demonstrating attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills and all levels internal and external of the organisation.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational/time management skills and the ability to work calmly and professionally under pressure.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme