About Our Client
Client is the developer of the largest urban regeneration project in Europe. They are a commercial and residential property company who, as owner, manager and developer, is responsible for the regeneration of 128 acres of the once-derelict Docklands district of East London. Their purpose is to transform urban spaces into extraordinary environments.
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of IT project workloads and overall project delivery tracking - providing weekly portfolio reports to the Director of Technology & Innovation
- Ensure that the appropriate project delivery methodologies, standards, processes, controls and tools are being successfully implemented.
- Deliver project documentation and communications to a high standard
- Provide assistance and guidance to the overall IT & Business Transformation teams for project delivery- working closely with the Director of Technology regarding PMO team goals, development, and improvement plans
- Identify any project risks that need escalating to Direct of Technology & Innovation
- Ensure projects reflect corporate strategic aims and priorities, deliver benefits and identify potential impacts for the organisation
- Provide quality assurance and monitor performance of projects, providing reports to senior management/members as required
- Coordinate and monitor external consultants to ensure project delivery methodologies and tasks are completed to ensure successful implementations.
- Prepare final report on Projects, including commentary on any lessons learnt.
- Provide mentoring to less experienced staff
- The Successful Applicant
- Degree and/or formal industry recognised qualifications
- Significant skills and experience in project management and PRINCE2 Practitioner (or equivalent) qualifications
- Extensive experience in a professional IT environment of at least 3 years
- Successfully delivered on multiple projects in an dynamic and busy environment
- Competence in managing others, including development and motivation
- Strong competence in financial management, including project budgets
- Effective communication skills at all levels, including oral, written, presentation, briefing and influencing others
- Experienced in the preparation of reports for senior management
- Able to establish effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Creative and innovative and able to apply this to produce business relevant solutions
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing personal development
HEALTH SAFETY AND WELFARE RESPONSIBILITIES:
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All staff are required to follow the CWG environmental policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the CWG Environmental Manual and Company Environmental Plans.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
All staff are required to comply with the CWG ISO9001 certified Quality Management System and the requirements detailed within Company Quality Manual, Policies and Procedures.
What's on Offer
Chance to join a company committed to sustainable living & environments
Take control of Project Management and company IT delivery projects
This role requires a minimum of 4 days in the office per week. Office based in Canary Wharf