Senior Project Manager (Agile)
6 months with potential extensions
Remote (UK)- Team based in Edinburgh
££ Inside Ir35
With one of Lorien's top banking clients
Join us as an Project Manager
- Joining a fast paced and Agile environment, you'll be facilitating the planning, timing and execution of our delivery roadmaps and pipelines, within and across domain platforms
- With no two days the same, you'll have the chance to be a true servant leader and help ensure consistent Agile delivery
- In this exciting role, you'll enjoy regular engagements with key stakeholders across business and technology areas as well as the opportunity to build your network across the bank
- Working with the Customer Journey Manager, you will be driving change into the overall customer journey as well as leading delivery into the underlying technology platforms
- You will also manage a team of technology leads who will partner with our business stakeholders to deliver technology solutions on the platforms we own but also with partner platform teams
What you'll do
- As Project Manager, you'll be developing and maintaining the release train, including preparing and reviewing the release and environment strategy. This will require you to understand the vision, plans, and interdependencies of a wide range of teams, and bring them into alignment so that our portfolio and domain pipelines are synchronised.
- You will shape the overall technology strategy and delivery backlog for the journey, collaborating with the platform lead to build out the overall roadmap of activity in support of target objectives.
- It's a highly collaborative role that will see you coordinating with product owners, domain and platform leads and other stakeholders to ensure strategy and delivery alignment. You'll also encourage collaboration across teams, value streams, domains and centres of excellence, making sure they have a clear understanding of how their work helps the customer.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Driving continuous improvement through Agile coaching, inspect and adapt workshops, and assessing alternative delivery approaches
- Using Agile tools and techniques to manage and optimise the rate at which our programmes deliver business value
- Building and communicating release calendars and iterative planning cycles, coordinating with other release train managers across domains
- Facilitating and fostering the preparation of release and sprint visions, goals and work pipelines and facilitating pre and post planning meetings
- Assisting with the execution and delivery of business outcomes, features and capabilities by reporting, escalating and tracking impediments
- Shaping the architectural insights of the journey to inform the technology backlog
- Managing the budget, risks and plans for the platform delivery
- You will be part of the domain leadership team and responsibilities extend into driving forward the domain objectives to make it a great place to work and support the teams to thrive
The skills you'll need
- To join us in this role, you'll have an expert understanding of running complex projects spanning multiple scrum and non-scrum teams.
- You'll have strong stakeholder management skills, as well as the ability to influence both business and technical partners.
- You will need a background in technology delivery and have experience of leading and delivering change through a diverse team
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age